+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Pro Football Focus ranks Osi 2nd in the NFL in rush attempts per sack!!

He had nine sacks this year, a tally made more impressive considering he played in only nine games, mostly in a time-share. According to the stats of Pro Football Focus, he rushed the passer 240 times, meaning he notched a sack every 26.67 snaps. To put this in perspective, Jared Allen, Minnesota’s dominant defensive end whose 22 sacks were a half sack away from tying Michael Strahan’s single-season record, recorded a sack every 25.6 snaps. Pierre-Paul, who broke out as a star with 16.5 sacks, got one once every 34.5 snaps.

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...ts-pass-rush-c

Re: Pro Football Focus ranks Osi 2nd in the NFL in rush attempts per sack!!

[quote user="ITELLNOLIES"]He had nine sacks this year, a tally made more impressive considering he played in only nine games, mostly in a time-share. According to the stats of Pro Football Focus, he rushed the passer 240 times, meaning he notched a sack every 26.67 snaps. To put this in perspective, Jared Allen, Minnesota’s dominant defensive end whose 22 sacks were a half sack away from tying Michael Strahan’s single-season record, recorded a sack every 25.6 snaps. Pierre-Paul, who broke out as a star with 16.5 sacks, got one once every 34.5 snaps.

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...ts-pass-rush-c[/quote]Thank you! Now can all you Osi haters, and GM's that want to trade him and his imagined distraction for a 4th pick, stfu and concentrate on the playoff instead of bs!!!

Awesome!!! His trade value continues to rise.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

[quote user="radar-ray"][quote user="ITELLNOLIES"]He had nine sacks this year, a tally made more impressive considering he played in only nine games, mostly in a time-share. According to the stats of Pro Football Focus, he rushed the passer 240 times, meaning he notched a sack every 26.67 snaps. To put this in perspective, Jared Allen, Minnesota’s dominant defensive end whose 22 sacks were a half sack away from tying Michael Strahan’s single-season record, recorded a sack every 25.6 snaps. Pierre-Paul, who broke out as a star with 16.5 sacks, got one once every 34.5 snaps. http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...ts-pass-rush-c[/quote]Thank you! Now can all you Osi haters, and GM's that want to trade him and his imagined distraction for a 4th pick, stfu and concentrate on the playoff instead of bs!!![/quote]

lol.....Osi doesn't want to be here and we need to resign some others. Osi is a great player...a diva...and done.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

[quote user="ITELLNOLIES"]He had nine sacks this year, a tally made more impressive considering he played in only nine games, mostly in a time-share. According to the stats of Pro Football Focus, he rushed the passer 240 times, meaning he notched a sack every 26.67 snaps. To put this in perspective, Jared Allen, Minnesota’s dominant defensive end whose 22 sacks were a half sack away from tying Michael Strahan’s single-season record, recorded a sack every 25.6 snaps. Pierre-Paul, who broke out as a star with 16.5 sacks, got one once every 34.5 snaps.

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...ts-pass-rush-c[/quote]

He's still the 3rd best DE on the team....too big a salary for a 3rd DE

All-Pro

He sucks! Get rid of this bum! He cant stop the run! Loser! We couldnt get a 5th round pick for this idiot!

i hope he remains a giant. I just dont see it happening.

[quote user="TuckYou"]He sucks! Get rid of this bum! He cant stop the run! Loser! We couldnt get a 5th round pick for this idiot![/quote]

he doesn't suck but he wants $7 million a year and he's not as complete a DE as Tuck or JPP, older than both, and more injury prone to date.

He's got tonnes of talent and some gas left in the tank, and he's better off on a team that doesn't know what to do with all of its cap space.

Osi trade value isn't going anywhere unless maybe he pulls out another 6 sack performance and even then it won't do much.

His sack numbers are impressive but can't really be compared to JPP or Jared Allen as every downplayers.

Your sacks-per number should go up when you're playing primarily in obvious passing situations.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

BAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."