+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strick's Offseason Mock 2.0

1st round- Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan St- Has been one of my favorite players this year and can do everything you could ask from a CB. He can cover, tackle, get INT's, blitz, etc.. He will most likely be the best player on the board unless someone falls

2nd round- Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU- A lot of people are fans of him and I am becoming more of a fan the more I watch of him. He is a big playmaker and would be able to bring pass rushing, run defense, and some coverage to the table. He might be able to play very early on.

3rd round- Carlos Hyde RB Ohio St- Big bruising RB who would be perfect for us. I really like him a lot. He could be our Eddie Lacy type RB since we could expect to be running an offense similar to the packers. Lacy and Hyde are both very physical runners who both have surprisingly quick feet for their size

4th round- Brandon Linder OG/OT Miami- He is a versatile guy who is solid in run and pass blocking. He is 6'6 320 so he has really nice size. He started 9 games at RG and 3 games at RT this season

5th round- Cody Latimer WR Indiana- He is emerging as one of my dark horse players. He is really not talked about much but has plenty of talent. He is 6'3, good breakaway speed, good hands, and has hops! If he had a better QB and was on a better team I think he would be a 1st-2nd round pick.

6th- Rob Blanchflower TE Massachusetts- He is a good blocker and receiver. Nycsportzfan is a supporter of the guy and I checked him out earlier in the year after reading some stuff he posted about him and liked everything I saw. He is falling because guys like Niklas declaring who have more athletic ability so he is sliding but he is a very solid player. I truly think he would be a steal in the 6th round

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Cody Latimer highlight w/ Football team dunk contest highlights at the end to show you all his hops

Really like the picks. A guard/tackle I love also is Groy. I'm a big fan of Dennard as well. Van Noy will help a lot. Hyde gives the offense a real bell cow for the offense. Like lattimer too.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
    Really like the picks. A guard/tackle I love also is Groy. I'm a big fan of Dennard as well. Van Noy will help a lot. Hyde gives the offense a real bell cow for the offense. Like lattimer too.
    Thanks man I will check Groy out!

Really like the Hyde and Van Noy picks.. Nice mock all around

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Really like the Hyde and Van Noy picks.. Nice mock all around
    Thanks I really like Yankey, Jones, and Richburg in your mock that's in your sig!

The more I se Van Noy the more I want him on the team. He is exactly what the giants miss on the outside. Dennard and Van Noy could really transform this defense to a physical on the outside. When I do a mock the 3 rd always seems to be between Hyde and Fiedorwicz. They both fit so well. I think with McAdoo the Wr core isn't in such a big need and Latimer could add some solid depth. NYG you a big ten fan ?

i really like this mock (especially dennard and hyde). I watched some tape on van noy, and am not as ecstatic about him as others are. i guess i need to watch some more on him. biggest question is if they fix the o-line in free agency. then they can do this. otherwise, i would expect two interior lineman taken in the second and third round, although id still want dennard in the first

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
    The more I se Van Noy the more I want him on the team. He is exactly what the giants miss on the outside. Dennard and Van Noy could really transform this defense to a physical on the outside. When I do a mock the 3 rd always seems to be between Hyde and Fiedorwicz. They both fit so well. I think with McAdoo the Wr core isn't in such a big need and Latimer could add some solid depth. NYG you a big ten fan ?
    LOL well looking back at the mock it definitely would appear that way. I was actually thinking that when I was making the mock that I had a ton of Big ten players. I live currently in the midwest so I tend to see a lot of the big 10 and 12. I am actually a Syracuse fan but it is hard to catch a game out here unless it is a big one. I am with you on the Hyde/Fiedorowicz situation and to be honest I do the same thing every time I do a mock and I get to the 3rd and I know that I have CB and LB covered already or have someone lined up in the 4th or something.

As for Latimer I think that we could use some young depth at WR especially if we lose Nicks which it definitely seems like that is going to happen.. I really like the value in the 5th. Especially since I took care of most of the big needs IMO before the pick. I really wish he was a Senior so he could compete in one of the pre combine games that they have. I really think with a good QB and other weapons for the defense to worry about he could really showcase some of his skills. I watched one game of him live and it was vs Illinois and if I remember correctly he went for nearly 200 yards (I think high 180's) and 3 TD's!

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    i really like this mock (especially dennard and hyde). I watched some tape on van noy, and am not as ecstatic about him as others are. i guess i need to watch some more on him. biggest question is if they fix the o-line in free agency. then they can do this. otherwise, i would expect two interior lineman taken in the second and third round, although id still want dennard in the first
    Yeah I honestly do think that they will at least sign 1 Guard in F.A.. I am not the biggest Kyle Van Noy fan but I haven't seen him play that much to be honest. I have seen highlights from this year and last year and was impressed but it is hard not to be impressed with someones highlights lol. I think he is a good pass rusher from the OLB position and seems to be able to cover pretty well for a guy who is mostly known for rushing the passer. He looks good vs the run as well from what I have seen. He just looks like a physical playmaker from the OLB position which is something we could really use I think