+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strick's Offseason Mock 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Yeah I honestly do think that they will at least sign 1 Guard in F.A.. I am not the biggest Kyle Van Noy fan but I haven't seen him play that much to be honest. I have seen highlights from this year and last year and was impressed but it is hard not to be impressed with someones highlights lol. I think he is a good pass rusher from the OLB position and seems to be able to cover pretty well for a guy who is mostly known for rushing the passer. He looks good vs the run as well from what I have seen. He just looks like a physical playmaker from the OLB position which is something we could really use I think
    in all honesty, i think i just realized what my problem is. i haven't seen the giants with a legitimate OLB in so long, that I have trouble looking at linebackers in college and projecting them to our defense...

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    in all honesty, i think i just realized what my problem is. i haven't seen the giants with a legitimate OLB in so long, that I have trouble looking at linebackers in college and projecting them to our defense...
    Haha Honestly I could and probably am just be wasting my time even looking at LB's what are graded above a 4th round grade. I can't remember exactly but I posted something not too long ago where it showed every pick we have made since 2007 I believe and we have drafted 6 LB's and only one of them was before the 4th round and that was good ol' Clint Sintim. Hopefully they break their old habits and draft an impact guy at the LB position in one of the 1st 3 rounds

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I'd be very happy with this. This was exactly what I was thinking a week ago in fact for the first 3 rounds -- I am very high on all of those guys. I think Hyde will be the best back in this class and Van Noy is a playmaker. Right now, I have us taking 1. Lewan, 2. Van Noy, 3. Gaines because I think there is a better chance we can get a servicable RB in rounds 4+ than a servicable OL...

Love the 1st 2 picks of Dennard and Van Noy. Dennard is probably one of my favorite prospects and the idea of pairing him with Amukamra has me excited. Van Noy would be a nice guy to have in the front seven, especially when we need to start getting pressure again.

I like Hyde a lot. The RB class is weird though. There is literally a chance for like 4 RBs to be the first one picked (Carey,Sankey,Seastrunk,Hyde). I would be thrilled with either of them in the 3rd round if given the opportunity.

Personally, if we have a shot at Donte Moncrief in the 3rd, we should seriously consider him as well. I like him a lot and I think he would be great with us.

Do not know much about the later guys yet, so cannot give any feedback there.

Overall, good draft, I would not mind it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaxicofan7 View Post
    Love the 1st 2 picks of Dennard and Van Noy. Dennard is probably one of my favorite prospects and the idea of pairing him with Amukamra has me excited. Van Noy would be a nice guy to have in the front seven, especially when we need to start getting pressure again.

I like Hyde a lot. The RB class is weird though. There is literally a chance for like 4 RBs to be the first one picked (Carey,Sankey,Seastrunk,Hyde). I would be thrilled with either of them in the 3rd round if given the opportunity.

Personally, if we have a shot at Donte Moncrief in the 3rd, we should seriously consider him as well. I like him a lot and I think he would be great with us.

Do not know much about the later guys yet, so cannot give any feedback there.

Overall, good draft, I would not mind it at all.
    Thanks man! I am a fan of Mocrief too. I have mocked him to us a few times... I think if he had a better QB he would have put up better numbers but he can do it all. The only knock on him that I can see is that he does have elite speed. Other than that he is solid!

Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post
    I'd be very happy with this. This was exactly what I was thinking a week ago in fact for the first 3 rounds -- I am very high on all of those guys. I think Hyde will be the best back in this class and Van Noy is a playmaker. Right now, I have us taking 1. Lewan, 2. Van Noy, 3. Gaines because I think there is a better chance we can get a servicable RB in rounds 4+ than a servicable OL...
    Thanks man I am really beginning to like the chance of Gaines in the 3rd. I did that in one of my latest mocks. He is a good player for sure. I personally think his coverage is about as good as anyone else in the draft but he doesn't make the flashy INT's or make any big hits that someone like Dennard can make

+ Reply to Thread