+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick question

Quick question

I am going to put this out here before I ask it... This is most likely a very simple and dumb question to ask but I was curious the other night when someone asked me it. Can College/Pro players that play in the state of Colorado smoke weed because it is legal for recreational use there without getting in trouble? I told the guy that I am pretty damn sure that they can't because it is a banned substance by the leagues but I wasn't 100% sure because of the new law...

Again I apologize if this seems like a completely idiotic question to be asking and for wasting a solid minute of your life reading this haha..

BTW if they by some chance can do it without getting into trouble, I think we might have trouble keeping Will Hill from becoming a Bronco and being a Mile high in the Mile high city LOL!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I don't know the answer to your question for sure, but I would bet a good amount of my college loan money on the fact that it is still illegal

I'm pretty sure a decent amount of things on the banned substance list are actually legal, you just need a physicians prescription. so, on the flip side, if an athlete got a prescription for one of these drugs and used them, its still banned in the NFL and other leagues so they would still get suspended

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    I'm pretty sure a decent amount of things on the banned substance list are actually legal, you just need a physicians prescription. so, on the flip side, if an athlete got a prescription for one of these drugs and used them, its still banned in the NFL and other leagues so they would still get suspended
    Yeah I know what you mean. I would imagine it is still banned... because if it was legal for those players to do it when they are in Colorado and I was a player that wanted to smoke but didn't play for the Broncos I would just wait until after I played AT Denver and then I would smoke pretty much anytime I wanted for a reasonable amount of time and then if I failed my test I would say that oh that must have been when I was in Colorado when I was playing the Broncos and I smoked there because it is legal and it must still be in my system.

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    Yep, this. The league rules remain in effect no matter where you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Yep, this. The league rules remain in effect no matter where you play.
    That is what I figured. Thanks for clearing it up for me

Just because it's legal does not mean it can't be prohibited. People jacking up on HGHs working out in a gym is perfectly fine, but can't play professional sports because it's a prohibited substance in that sport. Adult consumption of alcohol is perfectly legal, but you are prohibited from drinking and then driving beyond the blood-alcohol limit and sometimes prohibited from drinking at some establishments as well.

Will Hill to Denver for a 1st..!!

if it a banned substance than you can't use it, doesn't matter if it legal or not, aderal and HGH is legal but you still can't use them in the league lol

+ Reply to Thread