+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    IDK, I have this sick feeling that he might have gotten the same raw deal that Jernigan got up until Cruz's injury.

    Or even Cruz until Hixon and Manningham's injury.
    He got bunches of chances when he was here. Had a couple of good games, then teams figured out he can't beat man coverage. Then all of the production went away.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

  2. #12
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    8,964
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I know, I know -- not Giants related.

    But for this man, he deserves TAGF recognition. #Barden2016
    I don't care what you say....whenever Barden is discussed, it's definitely "Giant" related.

  3. #13
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,020
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I don't care what you say....whenever Barden is discussed, it's definitely "Giant" related.
    Right, because he's a surefire Ring of Honor candida--

    Ohhh, height joke. How original...

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    IDK, I have this sick feeling that he might have gotten the same raw deal that Jernigan got up until Cruz's injury.

    Or even Cruz until Hixon and Manningham's injury.
    Yeah, I got that feeling too.

  5. #15
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    8,964
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Right, because he's a surefire Ring of Honor candida--

    Ohhh, height joke. How original...
    Your comedy standards are too high for me. Don't worry it's not you....I can change.

  6. #16
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,020
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    IDK, I have this sick feeling that he might have gotten the same raw deal that Jernigan got up until Cruz's injury.

    Or even Cruz until Hixon and Manningham's injury.
    I wasn't a fan of Barden, but I disliked even more how he was utilized. He simply could not win on the outside with any consistency. I always lobbied for them to play him in the slot, assuming they had to play him at all.

    That being said, he was a marginal talent. I'm not too concerned that he wasted away his career here.

  7. #17
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,330
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    IDK, I have this sick feeling that he might have gotten the same raw deal that Jernigan got up until Cruz's injury.

    Or even Cruz until Hixon and Manningham's injury.
    Never know. He was soft. It didn't take much for him to get dinged up. He also had that separation issue and that's not something you can learn us less you get incredibly faster and gain a whole lot more moves and first step ability. He was always getting hung up at the line and first five yards by getting manhandled from whomever was covering him.

    Now he did have that breakout game vs Carolina with all those catches and yards.. Then followed it up with another decent game vs the eagles. He even caused several PI calls to keep potential game winning drive going. Then because of a STUPID call by KillDrive going deep on a risky sideline deep pass when they were already in decent FG range to win the game. Because the pass would of been picked Barden had no choice but to hold the guy or the game was over. TC and the coaches blamed Barden for losing the game and he was promptly sent back to ride the pine.

    Could he have developed into something more had he been given more of a chance? Well he was cut and brought back this year and failed to earn a spot on the team.. Beat out by who we thought was going to be lighting fast and add a new aspect to our offense. However we all found out that Louis Murphy was a dud.

    If he somehow transforms into a serviceable WR for the Bills then fine. Good luck to him. My guess is he doesn't make it past the final Cut
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  8. #18
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Never know. He was soft. It didn't take much for him to get dinged up. He also had that separation issue and that's not something you can learn us less you get incredibly faster and gain a whole lot more moves and first step ability. He was always getting hung up at the line and first five yards by getting manhandled from whomever was covering him.

    Now he did have that breakout game vs Carolina with all those catches and yards.. Then followed it up with another decent game vs the eagles. He even caused several PI calls to keep potential game winning drive going. Then because of a STUPID call by KillDrive going deep on a risky sideline deep pass when they were already in decent FG range to win the game. Because the pass would of been picked Barden had no choice but to hold the guy or the game was over. TC and the coaches blamed Barden for losing the game and he was promptly sent back to ride the pine.

    Could he have developed into something more had he been given more of a chance? Well he was cut and brought back this year and failed to earn a spot on the team.. Beat out by who we thought was going to be lighting fast and add a new aspect to our offense. However we all found out that Louis Murphy was a dud.

    If he somehow transforms into a serviceable WR for the Bills then fine. Good luck to him. My guess is he doesn't make it past the final Cut
    The guy was 6'6". He didn't need separation. He didn't get a good shot, but we had better players. He may be productive in Bufffalo. I don't think he was the best, but he's better than what he showed.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

  9. #19
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    10,316
    All the best to him, if he does well over there I'll be happy for him.

    We need a WR who's not only tall, but could play.

  10. #20
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,330
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The guy was 6'6". He didn't need separation. He didn't get a good shot, but we had better players. He may be productive in Bufffalo. I don't think he was the best, but he's better than what he showed.
    That was the strange part. They never tried to utilize his height in the Redzone like we thought they would when they drafted him. And also not being able to gain separation was a huge beef on these boards by lots of posters as to why he was not able to be utilized on jump balls in endzone cause he couldn't get open. How ever I don't even remember them even trying to use him in those situations
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts