+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    All the best to him, if he does well over there I'll be happy for him.

We need a WR who's not only tall, but could play.
    FSUs Benjamin??
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Barden only had one good game in him lol

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    All the best to him, if he does well over there I'll be happy for him.

We need a WR who's not only tall, but could play.
    If he does well it means he can play.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Veteran
    they will learn soon enough that size isn't everything...

It's a zero risk play for Buffalo. It's a reserve contract for God's sake. There is no downside to this move.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    That was the strange part. They never tried to utilize his height in the Redzone like we thought they would when they drafted him. And also not being able to gain separation was a huge beef on these boards by lots of posters as to why he was not able to be utilized on jump balls in endzone cause he couldn't get open. How ever I don't even remember them even trying to use him in those situations
    I don't think his height really played into the red zone. I don't think he was able to get vertical over his natural height. DB could jump with him, nullifying his height advantage. Just one of the diamonds in the rough that never hot polished. WR coach anyone?

He's a very tall man.. Well deserved thread

Seriously, though. I'm glad he's at least getting a chance to continue his career. He seems like a decent person. Him hugging Eli on the sidelines during that Carolina game was pretty cool; he seemed grateful for having received the opportunity to star.

He is also very tall.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    IDK, I have this sick feeling that he might have gotten the same raw deal that Jernigan got up until Cruz's injury.

Or even Cruz until Hixon and Manningham's injury.
    My thoughts have been the same here.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Never know. He was soft. It didn't take much for him to get dinged up. He also had that separation issue and that's not something you can learn us less you get incredibly faster and gain a whole lot more moves and first step ability. He was always getting hung up at the line and first five yards by getting manhandled from whomever was covering him.

Now he did have that breakout game vs Carolina with all those catches and yards.. Then followed it up with another decent game vs the eagles. He even caused several PI calls to keep potential game winning drive going. Then because of a STUPID call by KillDrive going deep on a risky sideline deep pass when they were already in decent FG range to win the game. Because the pass would of been picked Barden had no choice but to hold the guy or the game was over. TC and the coaches blamed Barden for losing the game and he was promptly sent back to ride the pine.

Could he have developed into something more had he been given more of a chance? Well he was cut and brought back this year and failed to earn a spot on the team.. Beat out by who we thought was going to be lighting fast and add a new aspect to our offense. However we all found out that Louis Murphy was a dud.

If he somehow transforms into a serviceable WR for the Bills then fine. Good luck to him. My guess is he doesn't make it past the final Cut

Though I have to mildly disagree with a couple of your points overall I think this was a very good post. I'm rooting for the guy so the childish side of me can come back here and say "I told you so" to the haters. Not necessarily you but to those who have had nothing but pure judgmental hate for the guy.

I agree with B&R. I dont think he ever really got a chance to show his true skills, whether that was to injury, depth chart, timing, or whatever else ***.

*** Enter hate here