+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Report: Giants, Perry Fewell Could Discuss Contract Extension As Early As February

http://www.giants101.com/2014/01/20/...y-as-february/

Excerpt: "Once upon a time, Perry Fewell was a head coach in the NFL. And while it was an interim stint with the Buffalo Bills — a stint that saw the team go 3-4 in 2009 — it was more than enough to provide him the necessary motivation to return to that post. Since then however, Fewell has been unable to break down that door. He's interviewed with a number of teams in recent years, including the Washington Redskins earlier this offseason, but just hasn't landed his dream gig.

Still, the New York Giants defensive coordinator is not giving up. At 51-years-old, Fewell maintains that he has head coaching aspirations and is working each year to ultimately reach that goal.

“I have aspirations of being a head coach. I’m striving everyday to improve myself and my marketability to become a head coach,” Fewell told the Gaston Gazette. “Coaching is a highly competitive arena, so it’s not something I take lightly.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2014/01/20/...y-as-february/

Excerpt: "Once upon a time, Perry Fewell was a head coach in the NFL. And while it was an interim stint with the Buffalo Bills — a stint that saw the team go 3-4 in 2009 — it was more than enough to provide him the necessary motivation to return to that post. Since then however, Fewell has been unable to break down that door. He's interviewed with a number of teams in recent years, including the Washington Redskins earlier this offseason, but just hasn't landed his dream gig.

Still, the New York Giants defensive coordinator is not giving up. At 51-years-old, Fewell maintains that he has head coaching aspirations and is working each year to ultimately reach that goal.

“I have aspirations of being a head coach. I’m striving everyday to improve myself and my marketability to become a head coach,” Fewell told the Gaston Gazette. “Coaching is a highly competitive arena, so it’s not something I take lightly.” Read more...
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good ,lock him up. very very good DC. many forget the personal he had to work with , and also the pressure that turnovers and points given up by the offense caused.

eeh.....
    take him or leave him. if he is back I wont be that pissed.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    eeh.....
    take him or leave him. if he is back I wont be that pissed.
    Is your nephew happy?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I think they should wait to see how this year turns out before they resign him. also this will prob be tc's last year so why would they want a lame duck dc unless they plan on hiring him as the next hc when tc retires and if that were the case I would be pissed
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Is your nephew happy?
    one of them....
    the other is a Pats fan
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Do not extend his contract. Give him one more year to see if he can work with the given personnel, if not let go of him. He has not been able to get a HC for a reason.

This is the same guy who up until his players TOLD HIM to make his system simpler was pretty bad.

Stand with Cruz!

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Do not extend his contract. Give him one more year to see if he can work with the given personnel, if not let go of him. He has not been able to get a HC for a reason.

This is the same guy who up until his players TOLD HIM to make his system simpler was pretty bad.
    This, 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post

Totally agree. Why do this now?