+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone who thinks eli will not flourish in in a west coast offense....

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Can't think of one.
    It makes perfect business sense even if the football sense is murky at the time of the pick.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

to guys like myself and delicreep , the nas pick was never baffling.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    to guys like myself and delicreep , the nas pick was never baffling.
    Need help finding your back? lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    lol, well the one thing that was baffling was y he didnt get playing time the last 2 games.
    - William Arthur Ward -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's my back he should be looking for...I made the point about the Nassib pick about 15 pages ago. However...according to Ro...he said it after the draft so take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    So as fans and as an Org. you are pleased with the SB wins but by the same token you miss the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years you need to produce something, doesnt have to be more sb wins but be competitive.
    So... Ben Roethlisberger: Hasn't won a Super Bowl since 2009, and has missed the playoffs in three out of the last five seasons.

Is it time for him to move on?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    What if there were another way to look at Nassib pick? One that sort of fits in with what most have been saying in this thread.

Suppose a year ago, at the end of the season, the FO said, "Let's start looking, just in case. We don't need to hurry and we don't need to rush".

They could have picked Nassib up and thought Eli is gonna go this year, and we are going to let Nassib sit no matter what. He's gonna learn.
    If Eli/Gilbride return to top form, it cost us nothing (virtually)
    If they don't, then we are going to make changes next (this) and move him forward in the rotation if he is good enough. They already said this of Nassib, right?
    Change OC's, and Eli losses something - a leg up on understanding the offense. Both will start this season with the same footing, or at least as much as a 2 year and an 11 year guy can.

Makes that pick look a lot less baffling if even some of that is true.
    I think 95% of the goal with the nassib pick was to have a decent, cheap backup qb. Rookie contracts are as cheap as they get. The likelihood of nassib being a franchise guy is very slim.

That 500k or so is the difference between us having Marty b on our team instead of Myers, but of course nassib instead of painter. I would venture to say that the drop off from painter to nassib is much smaller than Marty to Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    So... Ben Roethlisberger: Hasn't won a Super Bowl since 2009, and has missed the playoffs in three out of the last five seasons.

Is it time for him to move on?
    i was talking about coach. but as a QB individualy Ben did pretty well this season.
    - William Arthur Ward -

Personally I think Mcadoo will have a rough time of it. He was working with AR, who has the potential to be one of the greatest of all time. Also he needs to realize Eli is as slow as they come in the NFL(except Brady maybe). He will design plays where if they didn't work in GB, AR would scramble and make something happen with his feet/arm. Eli cannot do this, and Mcadoo won't be bailed out on bad play calls.

Plus the fact he has never called a play or designed an offense will come into play. I am not saying he cannot be a good OC, but there is going to be a learning period, where he find what works/doesn't work and what he needs to improve on. He will experience these "growing pains" with the Giants, and the team may suffer for it.

Hopefully he does a good job, but I think it will be very tough for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I think 95% of the goal with the nassib pick was to have a decent, cheap backup qb. Rookie contracts are as cheap as they get. The likelihood of nassib being a franchise guy is very slim.

That 500k or so is the difference between us having Marty b on our team instead of Myers, but of course nassib instead of painter. I would venture to say that the drop off from painter to nassib is much smaller than Marty to Myers.
    I was able to get behind the Nassib pick, but why keep Painter? We all saw what he did as the 3rd string in Indianapolis, which is to say, stink up the joint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

+ Reply to Thread