+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 289

Thread: Anyone who thinks eli will not flourish in in a west coast offense....

  1. #271
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    "I test how other people deal with reality"
    Posts
    59,200
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    I think it is your wish.
    why would anyone wish that?? its not like we can move Eli in the next 2 years. All of us wish he would play better and not need so much more talent around him.

  2. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post


    butt kisser.....
    How is he a butt kisser for agreeing? I agree too. Reese got a free pass for 2011 even though he barely made any meaningful decisions that year. He needs a draft like in 07 because he hasn't been bringing value required to win on our roster for a few years now.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

  3. #273
    gametime was just playing around, at least tats what I hope it is. that kinda stuff is getting out of hand so ill react like he was just kidding even tho, theres nothing to prove it...

    and gametime, did u see my response before JMFP's post?
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 01-22-2014 at 10:27 AM.

  4. #274
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,253
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    How is he a butt kisser for agreeing? I agree too. Reese got a free pass for 2011 even though he barely made any meaningful decisions that year. He needs a draft like in 07 because he hasn't been bringing value required to win on our roster for a few years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    gametime was just playing around, at least tats what I hope it is. that kinda stuff is getting out of hand so ill react like he was just kidding even tho, theres nothing to prove it...

    and gametime, did u see my response before JMFP's post?
    easy guys....

    its called busting balls. chill....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  5. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    why would anyone wish that?? its not like we can move Eli in the next 2 years. All of us wish he would play better and not need so much more talent around him.
    We all wish he would play better. I personally don't think he needs so much more talent around him. Just a serviceable OL. I don't think that is asking too much for your QB

  6. #276
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,410
    This is what I think:

    Eli has only known 1 offense - KG's. Eli is a natural grinder, similar to his brother. He puts in the time in the film room and even more on the practice field. The guy loves a good challenge and thrives under pressure. After 9 years of the same offense, no pressure, and just lack-luster offensive coaching, it wouldn't surrise me if he got a little bored of the scheme. Possbily finding himself studying less and losing that 'drive', that extra gut feeling that gets you excited to practice and study film.

    Insert a whole new offensive system and this MVP caliber QB we all know and love could be back to his old ways: Winning. Dominating. The new system will get him pumped up, he'll have to put in more time in the film room and more time in practice. He'll be challenged - and that's a great thing for Eli. Call it what you want, but I think this shake-up is exactly what we need. Even if Eli himself doesn't see this... I think this situation I've described isn't far off.

    Here's to a new offense and a new Eli. 2014 may be our year to make it back to the playoffs and set the stage for another Eli Manning SB MVP, maybe not in 2014 but it will happen with McAdoo... just in time to finish his career and ride off into the sunset with 3 rings. It can happen... I think it WILL happen. LETS GO BABY
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 01-22-2014 at 10:55 AM.

  7. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    This is what I think:

    Eli has only known 1 offense - KG's. Eli is a natural grinder, similar to his brother. He puts in the time in the film room and even more on the practice field. The guy loves a good challenge and thrives under pressure. After 9 years of the same offense, no pressure, and just lack-luster offensive coaching, it wouldn't surrise me if he got a little bored of the scheme. Possbily finding himself studying less and losing that 'drive', that extra gut feeling that gets you excited to practice and study film.

    Insert a whole new offensive system and this MVP caliber QB we all know and love could be back to his old ways: Winning. Dominating. The new system will get him pumped up, he'll have to put in more time in the film room and more time in practice. He'll be challenged - and that's a great thing for Eli. Call it what you want, but I think this shake-up is exactly what we need. Even if Eli himself doesn't see this... I think this situation I've described isn't far off.

    Here's to a new offense and a new Eli. 2014 may be our year to make it back to the playoffs and set the stage for another Eli Manning SB MVP. Just in time to finish his career and ride off into the sunset with 3 rings. It can happen... I think it WILL happen. LETS GO BABY
    I do think there is something in getting reinvigorated about new challenges at work.

  8. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    why would anyone wish that?? its not like we can move Eli in the next 2 years. All of us wish he would play better and not need so much more talent around him.
    We actually could cut him after next season without much backlash salary cap wise

  9. #279
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,410
    Exactly. Sometimes its hard to put a finger on what is wrong. Change your circumstances, environment, goals.... a new challenge and sometimes you look back and say 'damn, I was just in a rut and lost that fire' This applies to a lot more things than just football.

  10. #280
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We actually could cut him after next season without much backlash salary cap wise
    That's all fine and dandy, but until we see Nassib do more than bench warming there ain't a snowballs chance in hell Ei gets let go. And if we consistently finish over .500 were not going to have the ability to draft a premier college QB without trading up.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts