+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Anyone who thinks eli will not flourish in in a west coast offense....

Quote Originally Posted by jwhorner6 View Post
    We all wish he would play better. I personally don't think he needs so much more talent around him. Just a serviceable OL. I don't think that is asking too much for your QB
    he has that, a middle of the road OL, its just Eli and his fans were used to a top 10 OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We actually could cut him after next season without much backlash salary cap wise

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    he has that, a middle of the road OL, its just Eli and his fans were used to a top 10 OL.
    If you think the line he had this year was middle of the road then you are obviously blinded by hate

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    This is what I think:

Eli has only known 1 offense - KG's. Eli is a natural grinder, similar to his brother. He puts in the time in the film room and even more on the practice field. The guy loves a good challenge and thrives under pressure. After 9 years of the same offense, no pressure, and just lack-luster offensive coaching, it wouldn't surrise me if he got a little bored of the scheme. Possbily finding himself studying less and losing that 'drive', that extra gut feeling that gets you excited to practice and study film.

Insert a whole new offensive system and this MVP caliber QB we all know and love could be back to his old ways: Winning. Dominating. The new system will get him pumped up, he'll have to put in more time in the film room and more time in practice. He'll be challenged - and that's a great thing for Eli. Call it what you want, but I think this shake-up is exactly what we need. Even if Eli himself doesn't see this... I think this situation I've described isn't far off.

Here's to a new offense and a new Eli. 2014 may be our year to make it back to the playoffs and set the stage for another Eli Manning SB MVP, maybe not in 2014 but it will happen with McAdoo... just in time to finish his career and ride off into the sunset with 3 rings. It can happen... I think it WILL happen. LETS GO BABY
    Agree completely.

Despite throwing 27 INTs and having his worst year as a pro, Eli raved about how 'comfortable' he was in KG's system. That's not a good thing. Sometimes, change has to be forced upon us when we get too comfortable and this is just what Eli needs. I see Eli winning at least one more ring before he retires, too. Having a more aggressive and creative OC to design a system around Eli's strengths, and light a fire under him, may be just what he needs to get that third ring at some point.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    This is what I think:

Eli has only known 1 offense - KG's. Eli is a natural grinder, similar to his brother. He puts in the time in the film room and even more on the practice field. The guy loves a good challenge and thrives under pressure. After 9 years of the same offense, no pressure, and just lack-luster offensive coaching, it wouldn't surrise me if he got a little bored of the scheme. Possbily finding himself studying less and losing that 'drive', that extra gut feeling that gets you excited to practice and study film.

Insert a whole new offensive system and this MVP caliber QB we all know and love could be back to his old ways: Winning. Dominating. The new system will get him pumped up, he'll have to put in more time in the film room and more time in practice. He'll be challenged - and that's a great thing for Eli. Call it what you want, but I think this shake-up is exactly what we need. Even if Eli himself doesn't see this... I think this situation I've described isn't far off.

Here's to a new offense and a new Eli. 2014 may be our year to make it back to the playoffs and set the stage for another Eli Manning SB MVP, maybe not in 2014 but it will happen with McAdoo... just in time to finish his career and ride off into the sunset with 3 rings. It can happen... I think it WILL happen. LETS GO BABY
    Thats a great piece of perspective. I think we are all hoping for that to happen. Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by jwhorner6 View Post
    If you think the line he had this year was middle of the road then you are obviously blinded by hate
    http://davidgonos.com/2013-offensive-line-rankings/

only those that defend Eli so hard make it seem we have the worst line in the game. in fact 2012 they were ranked around 4th best by Yahoo sports.

only those that defend Eli so hard make it seem we have the worst line in the game. in fact 2012 they were ranked around 4th best by Yahoo sports.

David Gonos! Where does Joe joe Shlabotnik have them?

Where did PFF have them?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...econd-quarter/

Here's another link on offensive line rankings. Looks like PFF is just a giant Eli supporter. You couldn't have watched the games this year and thought this line was good enough. It isn't possible. JR knows it, the Maras know it, KG knew it, you are the only one who doesn't. What does 2012 rankings have to do with it? Eli had almost 4K yards, 26 TD's and 15 INT's in 2012. So it makes sense that the line was better in 2012

Great post!

It really wasn't needed....everybody knows that every expert and commentator has repeatedly talked about our O-line being a strong point for the GMen, and that it was the one area that did not need to be addressed this off season.

+ Reply to Thread