+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Regarding your last point, even if he falters, Eli will still be the guy. He has been faltering for years, and has never had to look over his shoulder
    I guess he's been "faltering" for years but has 2 rings. Sure buddy.

Let's be honest here. The reason why Eli is given so much lee way by the Giants organisation and for many fans is because he helped us win 2 SBs. None of this is being overlooked. His play outside of 2011 has been questionable. Great some times. Terrible others. It's not like he was lighting it up. Players like that generally don't have a lot of longevity. He's had 2 straight subpar seasons. At juncture where other great QBs careers took off, Eli came crashing down - disappointing us all.

I'm not sure how many years maybefan wants to give a free pass to Eli, but if he doesn't shape up next year, that'll be 3 straight years of subpar play. That's too long - especially for a QB that makes as much as he does.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatNiCcA56 View Post
    Thank you very much.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Let's be honest here. The reason why Eli is given so much lee way by the Giants organisation and for many fans is because he helped us win 2 SBs. None of this is being overlooked. His play outside of 2011 has been questionable. Great some times. Terrible others. It's not like he was lighting it up. Players like that generally don't have a lot of longevity. He's had 2 straight subpar seasons. At juncture where other great QBs careers took off, Eli came crashing down - disappointing us all.

I'm not sure how many years maybefan wants to give a free pass to Eli, but if he doesn't shape up next year, that'll be 3 straight years of subpar play. That's too long - especially for a QB that makes as much as he does.
    You guys sure like to put words in other people's mouths. I am not giving anyone a free pass. To sum up what I have said...

I told Die Hard that I thought the reason they haven't put pressure on Eli is because they have won 2 rings with him at QB...pretty simple.

This other guy tried to say that QB's were paid for SB's they were gonna win, and I called BS on that.

I agree that if Eli continues to struggle he will be gone. Eventually we will all know the answers...whether it's him or lack of support. Right now, I don't think it's him. What an idiot I am..

Quote Originally Posted by ThatNiCcA56 View Post
    This doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    The thing that rattled my chain this morning was when I read that Die Hard was surprised that management has not given Eli a reason to look over his shoulder, even though a team lead by him wins the SB 20% of the time. I don't think anyone besides Brady can say that.

Edit---...and, oh, btw...I think JR drafted Nassib for that very reason...along with the fact that teams like SF and Seattle are winning with QB's that have a much smaller salary...freeng up money for other big names.
    Lets see how those teams fare in a year 49ers have to pay

Kapernick
    Crabtree
    Iupati
    Aldon Smith

thats 40 million easy in cap space they have to use

Seahawks

R Wilson
    R Sherman
    Bobby Wagner
    Earl Thomas
    thats just to name a few again 40 million in cap space

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    I told Die Hard that I thought the reason they haven't put pressure on Eli is because they have won 2 rings with him at QB...pretty simple.

This other guy tried to say that QB's were paid for SB's they were gonna win, and I called BS on that.
    I am "this other guy", and what I said was that QBs are paid based solely on SBs they have won in the past is an incomplete argument. If the team believes that a QB is no longer capable of playing at that level they aren't going to keep him around, only a fool would. I am still baffled by your suggestion that perceived future performance is not a key factor.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Lets see how those teams fare in a year 49ers have to pay

Kapernick
    Crabtree
    Iupati
    Aldon Smith

thats 40 million easy in cap space they have to use

Seahawks

R Wilson
    R Sherman
    Bobby Wagner