+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    You guys sure like to put words in other people's mouths. I am not giving anyone a free pass. To sum up what I have said...

I told Die Hard that I thought the reason they haven't put pressure on Eli is because they have won 2 rings with him at QB...pretty simple.

This other guy tried to say that QB's were paid for SB's they were gonna win, and I called BS on that.

I agree that if Eli continues to struggle he will be gone. Eventually we will all know the answers...whether it's him or lack of support. Right now, I don't think it's him. What an idiot I am..
    You are giving someone a free pass if you say "players are paid based on past performance, not what they will do in the future." To paraphrase.
    So in other words, after the 2 SB's, it doesn't matter how badly Eli plays from here on out..he was on paid based on those 2 SB's and that's final.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Veteran
    Originally Posted by brad
    You don't pay a guy because he won you a SB, you pay him because he can help you win another one.

Originally Posted by brad
    You don't pay a guy because he won you a SB, you pay him because he can help you win another one.
    Which is correct.
    Paying him solely on SB's is not smart. Paying him for SB's and assuming he can continue with his level of play is correct.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You are giving someone a free pass if you say "players are paid based on past performance, not what they will do in the future." To paraphrase.
    So in other words, after the 2 SB's, it doesn't matter how badly Eli plays from here on out..he was on paid based on those 2 SB's and that's final.
    When they negotiate or renegotiate their contracts, they base it on past performance. Rookies are judged by their college performance. They have no way of knowing the future. When Eli renegotiates, his whole body of work will once again be evaluated. What is so hard to understand about that?

At your workplace, do they review you or preview you to determine whether you get a raise or not? You guys are just being obtuse...and that's alright, because I can play, too.

When Eli is evaluated for his next contract they will take into account his current and RECENT past performance the most. All things will be considered however.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    When Eli is evaluated for his next contract they will take into account his current and RECENT past performance the most. All things will be considered however.
    I agree totally.

When they negotiate or renegotiate their contracts, they base it on past performance. Rookies are judged by their college performance. They have no way of knowing the future. When Eli renegotiates, his whole body of work will once again be evaluated. What is so hard to understand about that?

At your workplace, do they review you or preview you to determine whether you get a raise or not? You guys are just being obtuse...and that's alright, because I can play, too.
    Because you are saying it incorrectly.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

people need to remember that evenTrent Dilfer won a Super Bowl behind a decent offensive line, thats why it sounds so silly when people say that Eli won a SB, Eli was on a team that won a SB is more accurate..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because you are saying it incorrectly.
    Let's see if we can approach this from a different angle. Why do you think Eli got paid so much?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    people need to remember that evenTrent Dilfer won a Super Bowl behind a decent offensive line, thats why it sounds so silly when people say that Eli won a SB, Eli was on a team that won a SB is more accurate..
    So Dilfer was MVP?