+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone who thinks eli will not flourish in in a west coast offense....

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i def think he was tremendous in that playoff run in 07. he struggled mightily in the reg. season, but something clicked in the postseason. it wasnt simply "him playing smarter", dude was making tremendous throws. that gb game was epic. He didnt do anything really special in te TB game, but in the Dallas, GB, and NE games, he made tremendous throws that if they werent made, we dont win. and each game was on the road, another added road block for most teams/qbs. and the competition; TB, Dallas, and NE all fielded top 10 Defenses and GB's was like 11th iirc.

That GB game, man what a game. Does eli have the most road playoff victories for a QB in NFL history? i want to say he does but am not sure on that...that could be a factor in his value/worth from the topic earlier,
    another note on Road playoff wins. What people fail to notice is a lot of good QBs have BAD Road playoff records.. For example...

Marino 1-6
    Farve 3-7
    Romo 0-2
    Montana 2-5
    Peyton 2-5
    Bree's 1-4
    Rivers 1-2
    Luck 0-2
    Ryan 0-2
    Vick 1-2
    Hassleback 0-4
    McNabb 3-4
    Warner 1-2
    Bradshaw 2-3
    S. Young 0-3
    Aeikman 1-3
    Kelly 1-3
    Elway 3-2
    A. Rodgers 3-2
    Brady 3-2
    Alex Smith 0-1
    Dalton 0-2

That's 22 really good QBs going a combined 28-68 on the road. Take out the 3 over .500 and it's a lowly 19-62
    Lots of great names on that list.. Makes what Eli has done that much more astonishing

Haha Sanchez is 4-2 on road and Kap of SF is 3-0, Big Benn 3-1...

*** note we need Seattle to beat SF Sunday cause we don't want Kap thing Eli % wise at 4-0***
    Last edited by miked1958; 01-18-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

that is a good point roosevelt. how he's capable of making tremendous throws, and boneheaded ones all in the same game. and when he plays smarter, those boneheaded throws decrease dramatically.

but if we are gonna try to correlate that to eli's level of play, perhaps there can be factors external of him that raise the number of boneheaded throws. but thats a topic tats been beaten to death.

and miked, thanks for all the stats. yeah thats why i didnt want to say eli actually did bc i remember hearing how Flacco surpassed him last year. If theres one thing Mcadoo does, I hope he raises eli's consistency level the rest of his career. i know tis is gonna sound crazy, and i am an admitted "homer", but I truly believe eli COULD reach a level near or at peyton and tom. the reason i say that, is bc of the throws eli is capable of making. i believe eli has a lot of potential that could be untapped still, i've actually maintained this for some time now if one were to check my posts, but i believe eli hasnt even reached his "ceiling" yet. in 2011, he displayed that he could play on that level, but he hasnt sustained it since. My hope; Mcadoo is the guy to get him there. (Note-i know that is almost absurd to claim about eli, its my gut feeling. i dont know how that could anger some so pls keep the hatred to urselves)

The greatest West Coast Offense of all time needed great players. We keep thinking McAdoo will be this savior. He's just an OC. No system works without grade A talent somewhere along the line. The Niners gave Joe a good line, and some of the best skill position players on offense ever. Eli has shown if we do the same for him he will rise to the level of the talent around him.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    that is a good point roosevelt. how he's capable of making tremendous throws, and boneheaded ones all in the same game. and when he plays smarter, those boneheaded throws decrease dramatically.

but if we are gonna try to correlate that to eli's level of play, perhaps there can be factors external of him that raise the number of boneheaded throws. but thats a topic tats been beaten to death.

That's a totally valid point.

Sometimes people use the excuse that if Eli were to hold the ball and take the sack (as opposed to an INT) then the fans would blame Eli for that. While I agree that some clueless people might think that, I've never once placed the blame on a QB for a sack unless a) I can see someone was open, b) he had time to scan the field, and c) the QB had a clear line of sight to that player.

I'm no football expert by any stretch but that just seems so obvious to me. Most sacks IMO, are not the fault of the QB - they are on the oline or the receivers for not getting open.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The greatest West Coast Offense of all time needed great players. We keep thinking McAdoo will be this savior. He's just an OC. No system works without grade A talent somewhere along the line. The Niners gave Joe a good line, and some of the best skill position players on offense ever. Eli has shown if we do the same for him he will rise to the level of the talent around him.
    That is a good point. Here's to the coming year. Let's go Giants, let's get back on track.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Banned
    Although Eli Manning has struggled the past couple seasons, I think a lot of folks are missing that he is capable of playing at an exceptional level and his mistakes are mainly confidence and decision making. I think Ben McAdoo will be able to help address those issues. Even if Ben McAdoo wasn't our OC, I think that NY Giants were looking for an OC that had successful experience working with QBs.

Eli Manning was miserable in 2013 and some folks made excuses for him and a lot of us (myself included) were very critical of him, as I think we should've been. It is frustrating because we have seen how good he can be and how he can perform in high pressure situations.

I actually think that the issues that need to be addressed and worked on with Eli Manning aren't too complex and Ben Mcadoo will help get him back to basics and making good decisions again as well as playing with confidence again. I am hoping we see a change reminiscent of the one we saw with Phillip Rivers this season after working with Frank Riech.

Not to many comments about how good Eli's Road Playoff record is.. And how so many great all time QBs had very poor Road Records
    I guess the key to this whole thing is to see if Coach Mac can getting him back to winning football, feeling confident in himself again and hopefully back to playoff football.. And hopefully in the Road in playoffs! Lol

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Not to many comments about how good Eli's Road Playoff record is.. And how so many great all time QBs had very poor Road Records
    I guess the key to this whole thing is to see if Coach Mac can getting him back to winning football, feeling confident in himself again and hopefully back to playoff football.. And hopefully in the Road in playoffs! Lol
    This is a thread about this upcoming season and not past accomplishments.

And I disagree. I prefer we get some home playoff wins next time. ;-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post

As Michael Strahan stated "the past is the ****ing past. Leave it there."

NY Giants need to look forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post

True. You get HF and win one playoff game then your playing your next game for a chance to be in the SB. Much easier Way then winning 3 road games. However having the best road record in the NFL when compared to all those greats has to make any giants fan happy I would think

4-New York Giants!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread