+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    He'd flourish in any offense that allows him more then 4 seconds to pass
    That holds true for pretty much any QB, but Eli, even when he has had more than ample time, has never been a model of accuracy.

I dont think he would do particularly well in a WC offense because he seems to falter much of the time when throwing shorter passes.

This new offense is not being brought in to "fit" Eli. It's being installed to change what is widely recognized as a stale, predictable scheme. Whether Eli can benefit from it, will be entirely on him. If he doesn't, another QB will. If Eli "thrives" in it, all the better. As some have pointed out. All of our QB's will be drilling on it, and that levels the playing field with regards to who it fits, as each will have a shot at demonstrating how well they perform in it. If Eli rises to the top, then he's THE guy, if he fails, then he won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    He'd flourish in any offense that allows him more then 4 seconds to pass
    He should retire then because on average QB's get a 3 count before they need to deliver the ball.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Quote Originally Posted by Razur View Post
    This new offense is not being brought in to "fit" Eli. It's being installed to change what is widely recognized as a stale, predictable scheme. Whether Eli can benefit from it, will be entirely on him. If he doesn't, another QB will. If Eli "thrives" in it, all the better. As some have pointed out. All of our QB's will be drilling on it, and that levels the playing field with regards to who it fits, as each will have a shot at demonstrating how well they perform in it. If Eli rises to the top, then he's THE guy, if he fails, then he won't be.
    Regarding your last point, even if he falters, Eli will still be the guy. He has been faltering for years, and has never had to look over his shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Razur View Post
    Football is a predictable sport and the defense can tell if the play is going to be a run or pass by how the O-line blocks. You have pass blocks and run blocks etc. A qb who has a hard time throwing some passes can be the reason why the offense is predictable by limiting the different kinds of throws that might be in a playbook. If a qb has a hard time throwing some passes, some plays can be taken out of the playbook since the qb doesn't have the ability to us those plays. The same can be true when the offense doesn't have a good amount of different players with more than one skill like a te who can block and catch or a back who can run well and block. How about a fb who can block and catch and so on.

When I study football plays, the OC had to be like a gm. His plays needed certain players who can do certain things and if those players aren't able to meet the reqyirements, then don't see the field that much.

I just listened to that clip. Is this some sort of bad joke?

First few comments:

1) He knows when to add zip and when not to

2) He will take what the defense gives him without forcing plays

3) He's great at improvising, won't force plays will tuck the ball and run

This could be a list of things he did the worst in 2013 or didn't do at all.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Regarding your last point, even if he falters, Eli will still be the guy. He has been faltering for years, and has never had to look over his shoulder
    Agree on that he has never had to look back before...and I think that may have been partially due to the fact that he had a huge cushion around him, KG, the playbook, TC..but that has been dramatically changed now. KG is gone and we assume most of his playbook. TC has endorsed McAdoo and his "uptempo" plan, and has also got behind it to say, if players are scrambling to get it , then GOOD..let 'em ..puts a fire under their arses..and I;m convinced that meant to include Manning. I think we are going to see more eye brow raising choices made in 2014, And I don't think Manning is going to get coddled and a free pass ( no pun) anymore. He has to get it, and if looks like he isn't and somebody else is, and making it work...he should warm the pine. I think this pre-season is going to be a very tell-all one..
    Last edited by Razur; 01-18-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I just listened to that clip. Is this some sort of bad joke?

First few comments:

1) He knows when to add zip and when not to

2) He will take what the defense gives him without forcing plays

3) He's great at improvising, won't force plays will tuck the ball and run

This could be a list of things he did the worst in 2013 or didn't do at all.
    Must be an Eli from a parallel universe, our Eli has none of those qualities. His slow release and short pass inaccuracy really make me wonder how well he'll do.

I'm not going to presume anyone is going to flourish at anything after the way this past season played out. No style/scheme is going to work until we fix the line.

I think Eli will play better in a faster paced offense, as long as the playcalling is designed to utilize his strengths and isn't trying to turn him into somebody he's not. Eli's not a mobile QB like Rodgers or Romo, so I don't see him running with the ball more. But a lot of his success or failure going forward will depend on how Eli responds to being pushed out of his comfort zone.
    One of these teams is not like the others