+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone who thinks eli will not flourish in in a west coast offense....

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    There might be one other person here that watches the same or more Steelers games than I do. And that's not you.
    How many Steelers games do you watch? How many Giants games do you watch?
    Engage brain before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Not even close to being true.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    im sorry but his claim was laughable.

that OL has 1rst and 2nd rd picks up and down the line.
    Except showing that the Steelers front office acknowledged Ben getting killed year in and year out, this means what?

Except showing that the Steelers front office acknowledged Ben getting killed year in and year out, this means what?

It means they addressed their issues in the draft and the Steelers had a better OL than the Giants.

It means that our OL was far worse than theirs, particularly in pass pro. We had a slightly better run blocking, but significantly worse pass protection.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    thank you for the info. so funny how ppl prop up ben, well not people, a few postters wit an agenda i guess would be more accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    It means they addressed their issues in the draft and the Steelers had a better OL than the Giants.
    They were definitely better, but by a very small amount. Injuries have been a factor also. Maybe in a couple years those picks will pay dividends, but certainly not now. Remember Guy Whimper? He started a bunch of games.

They were definitely better, but by a very small amount. Injuries have been a factor also. Maybe in a couple years those picks will pay dividends, but certainly not now. Remember Guy Whimper? He started a bunch of games.
    By small amount you mean 19 spots?

All-Pro
    Ben was sacked 42 times to Eli's 39, and I doubt anyone would argue he is less mobile than Eli... while sacks don't tell the whole story, I think it is pretty safe to say he was working behind a horrible O-line as well.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Ben was sacked 42 times to Eli's 39, and I doubt anyone would argue he is less mobile than Eli... while sacks don't tell the whole story, I think it is pretty safe to say he was working behind a horrible O-line as well.
    He was working behind a line that rated out as being significantly better in pass pro than ours. Sacks tell very little of the story.

Statistically, they've already paid off. You saw the stats, Drez posted them. Do you need a link to his post or something?

Quote Originally Posted by 9GMEN14 View Post
    Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh9IyF9YV18

Near the end it says eli's skillset is ideal for a west coast offense.
    Eli is going to have a monster year.....if Reese does his job and rebuilds the line.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

+ Reply to Thread