+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Eli is going to have a monster year.....if Reese does his job and rebuilds the line.
    hope so...
    he played like **** regardless of the Oline this season....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    There might be one other person here that watches the same or more Steelers games than I do. And that's not you.
    so? i take it you watch giants games and your plenty wrong on several aspects related to them.

Pitt's OL was better, markedly even, than our OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    By small amount you mean 19 spots?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    hope so...
    he played like **** regardless of the Oline this season....
    Agreed....but he didn't have a choice. For the first 6 games, the entire team was like a flaming bag of dog crap. It sucked that he had to try to put his team on his back again, like 2011.

The major difference was that the team was 2 years older and more run down than in 2011. His biggest passing weapon, Nicks, was a basket case this year. His blindside protector, Beatty, had an atrocious season. The defense's biggest star, JPP, was a shadow of himself. Reese let a very good tight end walk, and replaced him with a guy that couldn't block to save his life. The interior of the line was weak and porous, their best lineman was a rookie. They went through 4 starting runningbacks, until they were literally signing guys off the street, like Hillis.

Everyone has beaten this topic to death, so the only thing I'll say is that Eli had a bad season, and I can totally understand how that happened.

Sounds to me like McAdoo is going to take an extremely detailed look at this team, and rebuild the offense from the ground up based on what he has to work with.....and that's exactly what he'll need to do given the the half-*** job our GM has done over the past several years.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-21-2014 at 12:14 AM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Agreed....but he didn't have a choice. For the first 6 games, the entire team was like a flaming bag of dog crap. It sucked that he had to try to put his team on his back again, like 2011.

The major difference was that the team was 2 years older and more run down than in 2011.

Everyone has beaten this topic to death, so the only thing I'll say is that Eli had a bad season, and I can totally understand how that happened.
    hear hear, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Ben was sacked 42 times to Eli's 39, and I doubt anyone would argue he is less mobile than Eli... while sacks don't tell the whole story, I think it is pretty safe to say he was working behind a horrible O-line as well.
    Bens 30 couple more attempts would have nothing to do with those 3 more sacks either.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhorner6 View Post
    Bens 30 couple more attempts would have nothing to do with those 3 more sacks either.
    Maybe if Eli didn't throw a bunch of INTs & four and outs he would have more attempts?

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhorner6 View Post
    what about less int's in more att, does that factor in as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    what about less int's in more att, does that factor in as well?
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about sacks. My mistake

Quote Originally Posted by NYGhtmare View Post
    Maybe if Eli didn't throw a bunch of INTs & four and outs he would have more attempts?
    I thought the debate in which I was responding to was about who had a worse OL. I was trying to point out that only 3 more sacks with over 30 more attempts did not mean that Ben had a worse OL. And you're right. 4 and outs, not sure how many of those they had and more INTs proves that Ben had a worse OL than Eli. My mistake.