Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Re: Best Super Bowl Teams of the 2000s

[quote user="Die-Hard"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Die-Hard"]So what is your definition of dominance again? The 2009 Saints?

They beat 2 good teams in the regular season(Pats, Jets), and that is giving credit to the Pats, who were nowhere near what they used to be. If you want to call a fairly easy ride to the SB dominance, then thats your business, but the Saints didn't exactly travel a rocky road to get where they went. Put them on the road and they were an entirely different team, and not for the better.The Bucs.. The BUCS! Squeaked 2 past the Skins and the Falcons as well. Lions, Bills, and the whole NFCS....easy wins, except for those pesky Bucs, eh? The Giants were an easy win as well.

Dominance? You dont have a clue as to what dominance is
    [/quote]

dominance is going 13-3 and scoring 500+ points along the way and beating quality teams in the playoffs like the cardinals, vikings and colts. dominant enough to make us one of the top 25 super bowl teams of all time.[/quote]

So points = dominance, but nothing else does? What about a team like the '00 Ravens? The '02 Bucs? The '00 Ravens were ALL defense, and the '02 Bucs were ALL defense, yet they won their Super Bowls with little to no offense whatsoever. So judging by your nonsensical jibberish, only points matter, and therefore, a team with a crushing defense can't be considered dominant.

Oh wait....they also have to destroy each and every opponent in the regular season, as well as the post season, in order to get your 'dominant' tag.

Lemme tell you something, kid: It is readily apparent that you are either very young, or have not been educated in the finer points of pro football. Your ideas of how it SHOULD be are HUGE contradictions with what the rest of us, who have been watching this game for 20, 30, 40+ years, see things as. Call up any nationally syndicated sports radio show and repeat what you've said here, and I guarantee that you'll be laughed off the air within 30 seconds.

Take a few years, get a bit older, pick a team, and stay with that team for life. It's obvious that you're a new Saints fan, because you never answer any direct questions about them regarding their history, and I personally believe that you're very much a bandwagon jumper. I know you're not posting from New Orleans, and I know this for a fact, but coming in here to banter with people, many of whom have been fans of the Giants for their entire lives(myself included) and sputtering out such ridiculous nonsense is only making you look bad.

Do yourself a favor and walk away
    [/quote]

if you are such a huge expert, then why didn't the America's Game series...a ranking of the top 20 SB teams of all time not include the 00' Ravens and 02' Bucs? That list was decided by NFL experts from around the country. The common theme with the top 20 teams THEY chose was they were well balanced on offense and defense and had great regular seasons. you don't see any scrub teams on that list that get lucky and somehow make their way to a super bowl win. Sorry but you haven't disproven my point that the VERY BEST teams of all time (ie-top 25) are the ones with all these qualities. even the 1985 bears which I think is the best of all time had a great offense to go along with that world class defense.

Starter

[quote user="shagrath1983"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="GMAN2"]DB,

With the exception of offensive scoring (rather, they lead the league in points against), the 1990 Giant team meets your definition of a dominant team. They were 13-3, and beat the 49ers and Bills in the playoffs with a backup QB. Your Saints were a very good team, no question. But, lets not be foolish about how good that 1990 team was just because the won games decided by a small margin.[/quote]

This is why I think he's one of our Cowboy trolls -- in addition to other things, the arguments about dominance being equated to high-scoring blowouts is something one of the Clowslit regulars went to.
    [/quote]

But who, though? I see where you're coming from, but I, myself, can't honestly think of one of us regulars who speaks like this. I want to say it's obviously not Dim. Doesn't sound like Crue. Not enough poo poo jokes to be Shagrath. That leaves only CBFfromAsia (who doesn't really start or instigate much of anything) Casvdry and American Ritual-- both of whom will pretty much say whatever they feel like already... why bother to make another sign in.

But I've been wrong before.

edit; of and if it was me I would've gone with being a Rams fan. Satire entertains me most.
    [/quote]poo poo? .......hard to see a Saints fan come on to a giants forum to talk smack maybe he should go to the Cowboys forums since we wooped em but they ended up winning it all? Just curious DB why here? Didnt your team bury Eli ( <font color="#ff0000">clutch <font color="#000000">)* ( im going to close my eyes like in SB of 07 and hope someone on my team catches it !) and totally destroy the Giants D making em look around like a bunch of no class no talent fluke of a NFCE team? Didnt you bring em in when they were on a hot streak and being proclaimed the class of the NFC and than send em home looking like they could POSSIBLY pull out a win over Detroit or ST. Louis? Eh.... maybe you should stay....</font></font>
    [/quote]

The Giant's Defense was terrible this year, no doubt. But lets not forget they played well enough to beat the Cowboys, twice. As for QBs, remind me again about all that Romo has accomplished. Don't get me wrong, I like Romo as a QB, but lets not act like he is P. Manning. And as for leadership skills, didn't Romo's leadership skills get called in to question, and TO get shown the door because of Romo's inability to deal with him?

[quote user="shagrath1983"][quote user="Sundown"]I cant believe this dumb***** is really trying to hype up their one an only SB run as "Dominance" and top 5 of the decade at that, then has the audacity to insinuate our past SB runs (1990 to be specific) were/are mediocre. Ive been on these boards a LONG time and seen some s!@# but this is by far the dumbest argument ive ever read. The Giants along w/the NFC East has tasted glory far more times than the taints. Your pansy a!@ little Sb run wouldnt be able to hold the jock straps of the past SB runs of any of the NFC East teams of old. Get a clue and STFU taint. You should banned on shear stupidity.[/quote]No hiding my hatred for the Giants but I guess its out of respect for our Division's utter dominance when it comes to Super Bowl history, and rivalry. Maybe its good you now have to deal with this guy and not get overly bored dealing with us Cowboys. .............maybe
    [/quote]

Smack talk w/you scum bags is always fun, Im all for a good ol smack talk debate w/a fan of a team thats actually done something of significance and made the NFL what it is. All the teams in the East has done something memorable in this league, the taints not so much. To me the taints will forever be the team that wore bags over their heads in shame. They havent earned my respect to take him or his team seriously.

[quote user="shagrath1983"]
    poo poo? .......
    [/quote]

no offense, Shag. You have a unique style and it's hilarious!

This has to be DarkCrusader man.

[quote user="DB9"][quote user="Die-Hard"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Die-Hard"]So what is your definition of dominance again? The 2009 Saints?

They beat 2 good teams in the regular season(Pats, Jets), and that is giving credit to the Pats, who were nowhere near what they used to be. If you want to call a fairly easy ride to the SB dominance, then thats your business, but the Saints didn't exactly travel a rocky road to get where they went. Put them on the road and they were an entirely different team, and not for the better.The Bucs.. The BUCS! Squeaked 2 past the Skins and the Falcons as well. Lions, Bills, and the whole NFCS....easy wins, except for those pesky Bucs, eh? The Giants were an easy win as well.

[/quote]

dominance is going 13-3 and scoring 500+ points along the way and beating quality teams in the playoffs like the cardinals, vikings and colts. dominant enough to make us one of the top 25 super bowl teams of all time.[/quote]

So points = dominance, but nothing else does? What about a team like the '00 Ravens? The '02 Bucs? The '00 Ravens were ALL defense, and the '02 Bucs were ALL defense, yet they won their Super Bowls with little to no offense whatsoever. So judging by your nonsensical jibberish, only points matter, and therefore, a team with a crushing defense can't be considered dominant.

Oh wait....they also have to destroy each and every opponent in the regular season, as well as the post season, in order to get your 'dominant' tag.

Lemme tell you something, kid: It is readily apparent that you are either very young, or have not been educated in the finer points of pro football. Your ideas of how it SHOULD be are HUGE contradictions with what the rest of us, who have been watching this game for 20, 30, 40+ years, see things as. Call up any nationally syndicated sports radio show and repeat what you've said here, and I guarantee that you'll be laughed off the air within 30 seconds.

Take a few years, get a bit older, pick a team, and stay with that team for life. It's obvious that you're a new Saints fan, because you never answer any direct questions about them regarding their history, and I personally believe that you're very much a bandwagon jumper. I know you're not posting from New Orleans, and I know this for a fact, but coming in here to banter with people, many of whom have been fans of the Giants for their entire lives(myself included) and sputtering out such ridiculous nonsense is only making you look bad.

[/quote]

if you are such a huge expert, then why didn't the America's Game series...a ranking of the top 20 SB teams of all time not include the 00' Ravens and 02' Bucs? That list was decided by NFL experts from around the country. The common theme with the top 20 teams THEY chose was they were well balanced on offense and defense and had great regular seasons. you don't see any scrub teams on that list that get lucky and somehow make their way to a super bowl win. Sorry but you haven't disproven my point that the VERY BEST teams of all time (ie-top 25) are the ones with all these qualities. even the 1985 bears which I think is the best of all time had a great offense to go along with that world class defense.[/quote]

America's Game series? Who we're their top 20? And who the hell are they? Have a link to anything?

And I'm certainly not a huge expert, but I know enough about NFL history and have seen 30+ years of football games to realize that some teams, while not all that balanced, were outstanding football teams, and have been historically noted as such.

Scrub teams with Super Bowl wins...

I'm at a loss for words, because there isn't a bigger oxymoron known to man than that one.

Tell me about this America's Game thing
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka

[quote user="Die-Hard"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Die-Hard"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Die-Hard"]So what is your definition of dominance again? The 2009 Saints?

[/quote]

[/quote]

if you are such a huge expert, then why didn't the America's Game series...a ranking of the top 20 SB teams of all time not include the 00' Ravens and 02' Bucs? That list was decided by NFL experts from around the country. The common theme with the top 20 teams THEY chose was they were well balanced on offense and defense and had great regular seasons. you don't see any scrub teams on that list that get lucky and somehow make their way to a super bowl win. Sorry but you haven't disproven my point that the VERY BEST teams of all time (ie-top 25) are the ones with all these qualities. even the 1985 bears which I think is the best of all time had a great offense to go along with that world class defense.[/quote]

America's Game series? Who we're their top 20? And who the hell are they? Have a link to anything?

And I'm certainly not a huge expert, but I know enough about NFL history and have seen 30+ years of football games to realize that some teams, while not all that balanced, were outstanding football teams, and have been historically noted as such.

I'm at a loss for words, because there isn't a bigger oxymoron known to man than that one.

<font size="6">Tell me about this America's Game thing</font>
    [/quote]It is this thing were they make a DVD about a team that won a Superbowl showing you things behind the scenes and describing their season anyway the people who made it aren't really even experts this guys is just pulling stuff out his *** again.

Evil of the double post.

Bench Player

[quote user="Die-Hard"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Die-Hard"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Die-Hard"]So what is your definition of dominance again? The 2009 Saints?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you can't be serious. this is one of the most widely acclaimed football series ever. even saints fans know what america's game is. here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...Bowl_Champions

and to the guy above who says they are not experts who made it, you are right. but the actual rankings are done by NFL experts from around the country (not just steve sabol of nfl films). i think the rankings are very good and they were done in 2005 or 2006.

[quote user="DB9"][quote user="Die-Hard"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Die-Hard"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Die-Hard"]So what is your definition of dominance again? The 2009 Saints?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you can't be serious. this is one of the most widely acclaimed football series ever. even saints fans know what america's game is. here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...Bowl_Champions

and to the guy above who says they are not experts who made it, you are right. but the actual rankings are done by NFL experts from around the country (not just steve sabol of nfl films). i think the rankings are very good and they were done in 2005 or 2006.[/quote]Ok can you tell me what do you have against the Giants? Like ok I know the Bucs are too easy but how about annoying the Panthers or the Falcons fans?