Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Re: Best Super Bowl Teams of the 2000s

This fool is still going at it!!!? LMFAO!!!!

I REALLY HOPE WE MAKE THE BOTTOM OF THIS LIST AGAIN SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thats like being number 498 on the forbes 500!!!!!!! pretty f'n good!

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="Die-Hard"]
    America's Game series? Who we're their top 20? And who the hell are they? Have a link to anything?

And I'm certainly not a huge expert, but I know enough about NFL history and have seen 30+ years of football games to realize that some teams, while not all that balanced, were outstanding football teams, and have been historically noted as such.

Scrub teams with Super Bowl wins...

I'm at a loss for words, because there isn't a bigger oxymoron known to man than that one.

Tell me about this America's Game thing
    [/quote]

It's an NFL Network thing and they did an excellent series where they go back to the Super Bowl winning teams and get behind-the-scenes stories from three key people in the team, and follow their personal story within the context of the championship season. The 86 Giants version features Parcells, Simms, and Taylor. The 90 version features Hoss, OJ, and Banks. The 07 has Cough, Stray, and Eli.

Excellent series, especially because most of them are decades later. In the 86 episode you see the love Parcells still has for his old players. In 90 I learned things about Hoss and OJ I never knew (Hoss was ready to leave the NFL mid season, frustrated and had enough; OJ was emasculated and knew his time was over when they drafted Rodney Hampton that year but had one last dream left that kept him holding on).

86 and 90 DVD here

First, the top 20 was completed the year before Super Bowl XLII so it isn't on the list. I wonder where it would place, pretty high I would imagine. The 1986 Giants made the list at #13.

It was basically a viewer contest to pick the top 20, to get some mileage out of the material they already produced, because they do every Super Bowl winner. Recently since they ran out of winners they did a series called "Missing Rings" for teams that probably should have won (such as the 90 Bills and 98 Vikings).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...ons#Top_twenty
    1. 72 Dolphins
    2. 85 Bears (whoops, what was that about "domination" and defense?)
    3. 78 Steelers
    4. 89 49ers
    5. <font color="#000080">92 Cowboys</font>
    6. 66 Packers
    7. 75 Steelers
    8. 84 49ers
    9. 04 Patriots
    10. 76 Raiders
    11. <font color="#000080">77 Cowboys</font>
    12. 98 Broncos
    13. 86 Giants
    14. 91 Redskins
    15. <font color="#000080">71</font><font color="#000080"> Cowboys</font>
    16. 96 Packers
    17. 94 49ers
    18. 69 Chiefs
    19. 99 Rams
    20. 83 Raiders

[/quote]thats nice I like that

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]I REALLY HOPE WE MAKE THE BOTTOM OF THIS LIST AGAIN SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Seriously. I'll take multiple championships and not making anybody's list over the 85 Bears any day. Bears fans have been talking about 85 for so long I think they probably would too.</P>

I've lived long enough to see the expected championship and the surprise champtionship. Not only is the surprise so much sweeter, it just gets better with age.</P>

</P>

</P>

[quote user="Jack Robinson"]

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]I REALLY HOPE WE MAKE THE BOTTOM OF THIS LIST AGAIN SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Seriously. I'll take multiple championships and not making anybody's list over the 85 Bears any day. Bears fans have been talking about 85 for so long I think they probably would too.</p>

I've lived long enough to see the expected championship and the surprise champtionship. Not only is the surprise so much sweeter, it just gets better with age.</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]I know you have had ur sig for awhile now but thanks for putting me in the boob crew it means alot.......

No more DB9

His sig was the last stupid straw that broke the stupid camel's back.
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka