Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Re: Best Super Bowl Teams of the 2000s

[quote user="Yankees807"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Yankees807"]I guess your choices for the day came down to taking a swamp tour or going on the Giants message boards.Go troll around on the Lions website. I think you will find it much more amusing and entertaining when you debate with fans more your caliber.[/quote]

i see you've found the cut and paste function on your keyboard. you posted the same thing last week.[/quote]

Is the 9 in DB how many times the Saints have made the playoffs since coming into the league? Do you have any FACTUAL STATISTICAL reasoning behind your points proving the Saints are a proud,winning organization with tradition? Or does winning a single superbowl negate 40 years of sucking?[/quote]

did i ever say that the saints had a winning history? and fyi, the giants have lost more championships in their history than any NFL team...probably in all of sports

Veteran

[quote user="DB9"][quote user="Yankees807"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Yankees807"]I guess your choices for the day came down to taking a swamp tour or going on the Giants message boards.Go troll around on the Lions website. I think you will find it much more amusing and entertaining when you debate with fans more your caliber.[/quote] i see you've found the cut and paste function on your keyboard. you posted the same thing last week.[/quote] Is the 9 in DB how many times the Saints have made the playoffs since coming into the league? Do you have any FACTUAL STATISTICAL reasoning behind your points proving the Saints are a proud,winning organization with tradition? Or does winning a single superbowl negate 40 years of sucking?[/quote] did i ever say that the saints had a winning history? and fyi, the giants have lost more championships in their history than any NFL team...probably in all of sports[/quote]Yeah? name em smarty pants...

[quote user="DB9"][quote user="Yankees807"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Yankees807"]I guess your choices for the day came down to taking a swamp tour or going on the Giants message boards.Go troll around on the Lions website. I think you will find it much more amusing and entertaining when you debate with fans more your caliber.[/quote]

i see you've found the cut and paste function on your keyboard. you posted the same thing last week.[/quote]

Is the 9 in DB how many times the Saints have made the playoffs since coming into the league? Do you have any FACTUAL STATISTICAL reasoning behind your points proving the Saints are a proud,winning organization with tradition? Or does winning a single superbowl negate 40 years of sucking?[/quote]

did i ever say that the saints had a winning history? and fyi, the giants have lost more championships in their history than any NFL team...probably in all of sports[/quote]

The Giants have also been around since 1920. That's like saying the Yankees lost more world series then any other team.Whats your point? In the "SUPERBOWL ERA" so to speak...... are the Saints not considered one of the WORST franchises...yes or no? It's a simple question.

Feel free to check stats on any major nfl reference site if you need help. Playoff appearances: Saints are the LOWEST team as far as this stat goes. Unless you really wanna count the Ravens,Jags,and Texans who came into the league from 1995-on). Thats pathetic!!!! The Ravens and Jags have been to the playoffs more times in 14 years then your franchise did in 40+. Hows that for a fun stat!

Like I said before....a one hit wonder doesn't negate 40+ years of misery where your fanbase was wearing paper bags over their heads. It's one thing having a fun debate with Cowboy or Eagles fans...at least they have are known for CONSISTENT winning for decades. But a Saints fan talking smack....come on........thats comical.

* correction Giants havfe been around since 1925... not like it matters

[quote user="DB9"][quote user="Yankees807"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Yankees807"]I guess your choices for the day came down to taking a swamp tour or going on the Giants message boards.Go troll around on the Lions website. I think you will find it much more amusing and entertaining when you debate with fans more your caliber.[/quote]

did i ever say that the saints had a winning history? and fyi, the giants have lost more championships in their history than any NFL team...probably in all of sports[/quote]at least we GET THERE,pal.at least we get there.

Bench Player

[quote user="Yankees807"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Yankees807"][quote user="DB9"][quote user="Yankees807"]I guess your choices for the day came down to taking a swamp tour or going on the Giants message boards.Go troll around on the Lions website. I think you will find it much more amusing and entertaining when you debate with fans more your caliber.[/quote]

did i ever say that the saints had a winning history? and fyi, the giants have lost more championships in their history than any NFL team...probably in all of sports[/quote]

The Giants have also been around since 1920. That's like saying the Yankees lost more world series then any other team.Whats your point? In the "SUPERBOWL ERA" so to speak...... are the Saints not considered one of the WORST franchises...yes or no? It's a simple question.

Feel free to check stats on any major nfl reference site if you need help. Playoff appearances: Saints are the LOWEST team as far as this stat goes. Unless you really wanna count the Ravens,Jags,and Texans who came into the league from 1995-on). Thats pathetic!!!! The Ravens and Jags have been to the playoffs more times in 14 years then your franchise did in 40+. Hows that for a fun stat!

Like I said before....a one hit wonder doesn't negate 40+ years of misery where your fanbase was wearing paper bags over their heads. It's one thing having a fun debate with Cowboy or Eagles fans...at least they have are known for CONSISTENT winning for decades. But a Saints fan talking smack....come on........thats comical.[/quote]

i have never once stated that the saints have had a winning tradition. of course this is our one really good year. why would I say otherwise? All my talk has been about this year.

[quote user="DB9"]1. 2004 Patriots - best offense/defense balance

2. 2000 Ravens - best super bowl winning defense

3. 2009 Saints - best super bowl winning offense

4. 2003 Patriots

5. 2002 Bucs

6. 2008 Steelers

7. 2006 Colts

8. 2001 Patriots

9. 2007 Giants

10. 2005 Steelers

thoughts?[/quote]

I think you gotta put the 2007 Patriots in there as being one of the best.

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="DB9"]1. 2004 Patriots - best offense/defense balance

4. 2003 Patriots

5. 2002 Bucs

6. 2008 Steelers

7. 2006 Colts

8. 2001 Patriots

9. 2007 Giants

10. 2005 Steelers

thoughts?[/quote]

I think you gotta put the 2007 Patriots in there as being one of the best.[/quote]

The 2007 Patriots didn't win the SuperBowl...

Giants should at least be 5 or 4, they're the only ones that had to face an undefeated team with the greatest offense ever.

[quote user="InEliWeTrust"][quote user="greenca190"][quote user="DB9"]1. 2004 Patriots - best offense/defense balance

4. 2003 Patriots

5. 2002 Bucs

6. 2008 Steelers

7. 2006 Colts

8. 2001 Patriots

9. 2007 Giants

10. 2005 Steelers

thoughts?[/quote]

I think you gotta put the 2007 Patriots in there as being one of the best.[/quote]

The 2007 Patriots didn't win the SuperBowl...
    [/quote]

Haha I'm well aware of that, but the thread says best super bowl teams, not best super bowl winners. 2007 Patriots would unanimously be thought of as the best team ever if it wasn't for the Giants ruining it, so I'd probably put them up there as a top ten team that played in a super bowl this decade.