4. 2003 Patriots

5. 2002 Bucs

6. 2008 Steelers

7. 2006 Colts

8. 2001 Patriots

9. 2007 Giants

10. 2005 Steelers

thoughts?[/quote]

Horrible spot for the Ravens, shouldn't even be on the list. 2005 Seahawks were pretty damn good, same with the 2001 Rams. I'd say that the 2009 Colts should be on the list as well.

Re: Best Super Bowl Teams of the 2000s

Greenca190.... I see your logic where the Thread title doesn't specify superbowl winners,but I have to disagree saying the Ravens don't belong on that list.If they LOST maybe. IMO Any team that WON a superbowl should be on that list before any loser regardless how good their regular season was. Maybe the Ravens offense doesn't deserve much respect,but that defensive unit was as good as it gets in nfl history.

If you search numerous nfl links and peoples opinions that 2000 Ravens D was compared to the 85 Bears. I'm not saying they were better,but they are def a top defensive superbowl team of all time and def deserve respect as a legit team.

[quote user="Yankees807"]Greenca190.... I see your logic where the Thread title doesn't specify superbowl winners,but I have to disagree saying the Ravens don't belong on that list.If they LOST maybe. IMO Any team that WON a superbowl should be on that list before any loser regardless how good their regular season was. Maybe the Ravens offense doesn't deserve much respect,but that defensive unit was as good as it gets in nfl history.

If you search numerous nfl links and peoples opinions that 2000 Ravens D was compared to the 85 Bears. I'm not saying they were better,but they are def a top defensive superbowl team of all time and def deserve respect as a legit team.[/quote]

Yeah you're right, I don't know what I was thinking when I put them down. There are definently winners on that list that are capable of being moved aside for losers though. 2007 Patriots were probably the greatest team we will see play for a long, long time; they should be on that list.

Definitely.... the 07 Pats were insane. They were putting up video game like numbers ripping through opponents.If it wasn't for our Gmen they easily would have been considered the greatest team ever yada yada.

On the flip side......History remembers winners,not "shoulda,coulda,woulda" teams. I kept stressing that to Jet fans late last season.So even though the 2007 Pats were talented and dangerous teams like the 2000 Ravens and 2007 Giants will always come before they do in the history books. Damnnnn 18-1 has gotta sting!

Saints shouldnt be up there.

Bench Player

hey you are a joke get your stats right the giants have been to 4 super bowls and won three. Your team has been to 1 30 years in the league no wonder they are called the aints.

Bench Player

[quote user="talkinggmen"]hey you are a joke get your stats right the giants have been to 4 super bowls and won three. Your team has been to 1 30 years in the league no wonder they are called the aints.[/quote]

look at how many championships they lost pre-super bowl era. you can't be a serious giants fan and not know that.

Theres nothing wrong with a back and forth debate over this,but in all honesty would you rather be a team that is consistent the past 3 Decades (Winning a superbowl in each one...which btw NO OTHER nfl franchise can say) or be the franchise that did nothing for their fans in the 70s,80s,90s,alllllll the way until the last year of the 2000's?

So the Saints are the 2009 champs.....great! Ever heard the phrase....it's about time!!!! Or does rebuilding actually take 40+ years. They actually have more superbowls then the Eagles or Vikings. Are you going to tell me there is a SINGLE fan in Philly or Minn that would trade places so to speak with a Saints fan just because they had one bright moment in their entire existence? It's not even like I'm abusing them,I'm stating facts.

Pre-superbowl era....wow....that's stretching the topic don't ya think. That's like Redsox fans talking about 1918 before they finally won in 2004. There's nothing wrong with talking about the past.......just as long as you saw your team equally as successful in recent years.But since you brought it up.....wouldnt you rather be a team losing in conf championship games then say a team never in it?

[quote user="DB9"]1. 2004 Patriots - best offense/defense balance

2. 2000 Ravens - best super bowl winning defense

3. 2009 Saints - best super bowl winning offense

4. 2003 Patriots

5. 2002 Bucs

6. 2008 Steelers

7. 2006 Colts

8. 2001 Patriots

9. 2007 Giants

10. 2005 Steelers

thoughts?[/quote]You forgot the 2010 Cowboys ( Best everything because I said so ) the rest of those teams are pretty good to..

[quote user="shagrath1983"][quote user="DB9"]1. 2004 Patriots - best offense/defense balance

2. 2000 Ravens - best super bowl winning defense

3. 2009 Saints - best super bowl winning offense

4. 2003 Patriots

5. 2002 Bucs

6. 2008 Steelers

7. 2006 Colts

8. 2001 Patriots

9. 2007 Giants

10. 2005 Steelers

thoughts?[/quote]You forgot the 2010 Cowboys ( Best everything because I said so ) the rest of those teams are pretty good to..
    [/quote]yup,they'll be the best 6-10 team EVER![]