+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pats a victim of their own success

Winning 10, 11, 12 games every year has you picking a back of the draft every year. They are always good because of Brady and Belicheck but they are always a flawed team. I think it might be better to have a couple of bad years so you can stock up with some good young talent. No tears from me anyway.

I think they would be better if they can get healthy and if Peyton plays worse...

Belichick has done a masterful job scheming around limited talent... losing pretty much ALL your receivers, people dropping left and right, relying on a castoff from TB to pound the rock, and an overrated QB. Yet he still got into the playoffs and beat the colts. Gotta give credit to the Hoodie. He was awesome here, and he's still a genius...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Jim Harbaugh and Tom Brady are reported to have taken over the Try Too Hard Club. 6 Conference championship games in the last 3 years yelling at other people and themselves with no Superbowls in the end.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-20-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Sorry to pull a Sherman...but screw the Patriots. Glad they're not playing for a SB in our stadium. And I hope they fall off the map next year.

Banned
    I tis kind of ironic that folks question thier success particularly after this season. They had huge issues this year with tons of strife and they overcame it and overachieved to get to AFCCG.

I applaud them for fielding a team that plays with everything they have year in, year out and let nothing be used for an excuse to keep them down.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Winning 10, 11, 12 games every year has you picking a back of the draft every year. They are always good because of Brady and Belicheck but they are always a flawed team. I think it might be better to have a couple of bad years so you can stock up with some good young talent. No tears from me anyway.
    With that logic the Browns should be 16-0 this year. It makes no sense

There are talented players in every round of every draft so you don't need to get early picks. NE lost I think their top 5 pass catchers and managed to be the #2 seed. They even beat Denver when they were healthier. Denver simply outplayed them Sunday and that is why their season is over.

I don't consider any team that makes it to three straight conference championship games a victim.

And considering that they lost Welker to FA, Hernandez to prison, and other players to injury and still made it to the conference championship game says a lot of about how good they are, but they just weren't good enough against Denver on Sunday.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    With that logic the Browns should be 16-0 this year. It makes no sense

There are talented players in every round of every draft so you don't need to get early picks. NE lost I think their top 5 pass catchers and managed to be the #2 seed. They even beat Denver when they were healthier. Denver simply outplayed them Sunday and that is why their season is over.
    Talk about making no sense. The best players with a few exceptions go earlier in the draft. If someone offered you the 1st pick or the 30th pick which one are you going to take?

Besides our NFC East rivals, the Pats were the other team I wanted no where near East Ruth in Feb. Good bye
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"