+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
    Are you kidding me?! Roughing the kicker keeps the ball in SF hands and likely changes field position even if they have to punt it. The Bowman blown call was just atrocious. I saw that at full speed and the refs must have had their head up their asses. He laid with the ball for a full second before people jumped on him and ripped it off of him. A shame the rules didn't allow a review. Both of those plays likely change the outcome of the game.
    I saw it as running into not roughing. If the rule book specifically states that hitting the plant leg is roughing, then I agree bad call. If not, that hit wasn't nearly enough to be roughing. Stop making excuses for the 49ers. How about getting a few yards on the previous three plays instead of begging for a penalty to create offense for you.

The officiating wasn't good but the idea the 49ers got screwed is a joke.

It's true, the 49ers did get screwed on a couple of penalty calls (roughing the kicker vs. running into the kicker, Bowman's knee bending fumble recovery and fully down by contact, etc..) in that game, but oh wait... I'm not a 49er fan! hahaha at the loser 49ers! See ya next season!

Maybe they can understand how it is to be on the receiving end of bad calls. Take it from Giants fans that dealt with the 2003 botched FG no pass interference playoff game.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-19-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    It's true, the 49ers did get screwed on a couple of penalty calls (roughing the kicker vs. running into the kicker, Bowman's knee bending fumble recovery and fully down by contact, etc..) in that game, but oh wait... I'm not a 49er fan! hahaha at the loser 49ers! See ya next season!
    Yeah, it's always something with them 49ers huh? There's always some unfair celestial force that keeps screwing them over. It couldn't be their play or anything I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    get well Navarro but outside that, I co-sign this post

next time Sixty-Whiners

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I saw it as running into not roughing. If the rule book specifically states that hitting the plant leg is roughing, then I agree bad call. If not, that hit wasn't nearly enough to be roughing. Stop making excuses for the 49ers. How about getting a few yards on the previous three plays instead of begging for a penalty to create offense for you.

The officiating wasn't good but the idea the 49ers got screwed is a joke.
    The rule is that if you hit the plant leg it's roughing and the kick leg is running into. It was such a blatantly badly blown call it's a shame. The bowman play was a turnover. Those are extremely difficult things to over come in a game that close.

Are you kidding me?! Roughing the kicker keeps the ball in SF hands and likely changes field position even if they have to punt it. The Bowman blown call was just atrocious. I saw that at full speed and the refs must have had their head up their asses. He laid with the ball for a full second before people jumped on him and ripped it off of him. A shame the rules didn't allow a review. Both of those plays likely change the outcome of the game.
    Okay.. So I don't get your point? If they blow the whistle or review and see that Bowman actually had the ball then the niners get the ball on the one yard line correct? On the following fourth and goal play lynch fumbled the snap and ball bounced and was recovered on the 15. 49ers take over on downs. Now exactly how were the niners screwed when they wound up with the Ball 14 yards further down the field??
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I can see your beef if the Seahawks got a TD or FG out if it but it wasn't a game changer as far as refs screwing the niners.

As far as the roughing one your right by rule. But because he was coming to a stop on his slide and barely bumped into him is the reason they called it running into instead of roughing. It looked so innocent and weak almost like the punter was blown over.. But yea on review it should of been the 15 yard variety.

Niners got the benefit of a lot of bad calls in their time in big games. It goes both ways and I don't feel bad for them. Who wanted them and their coach playing for a title in our building.. Not me. Glad NE is gone to. Good Riddance to both of them
    Last edited by miked1958; 01-19-2014 at 11:23 PM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I can see your beef if the Seahawks got a TD or FG out if it but it wasn't a game changer as far as refs screwing the niners
    It still doesn't feel right, though.

The rule is that if you hit the plant leg it's roughing and the kick leg is running into. It was such a blatantly badly blown call it's a shame. The bowman play was a turnover. Those are extremely difficult things to over come in a game that close.
    Are you sure? I googled the rule and I don't see that specific text anywhere. Of course googling isn't the entire rule book so it could be as you say but I'd like to see it in the rules. Otherwise it's just the word of that shill Piererra.

Even so, it's begging. If you need penalty calls to have a chance (no guarantee because they had plenty of chances and didn't do it) to win the game, maybe you need to spend more time on making plays and less time on hoping for breaks.