+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Of all the teams in the league I could care less if the 49ers got hosed on a penalty or two.
    This is the same franchise that got away with a pass interference call against us in 2003 playoffs.
    Remember that game? The famous phrase from then coach Steve Marriucci, when asked about the ruling that the refs missed the call. Steve said "bummer"

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    As far as the roughing one your right by rule. But because he was coming to a stop on his slide and barely bumped into him is the reason they called it running into instead of roughing. It looked so innocent and weak almost like the punter was blown over.. But yea on review it should of been the 15 yard variety.
    Does anyone have a link to the rule book where it says this? I looked and didn't find it. So at this pint I heard Peirerra say it and the announcers accept it as gospel. That's it. That isn't worth ****. I'd like to independently verify it because that would have been a huge call for the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    So happy you beat the Niners
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    It's true, the 49ers did get screwed on a couple of penalty calls (roughing the kicker vs. running into the kicker, Bowman's knee bending fumble recovery and fully down by contact, etc..) in that game, but oh wait... I'm not a 49er fan! hahaha at the loser 49ers! See ya next season!

Maybe they can understand how it is to be on the receiving end of bad calls. Take it from Giants fans that dealt with the 2003 botched FG no pass interference playoff game.
    What did the 49ers say after we lost oh yes...bummer.

Anyway Kap had the ball with the chance to win and choked. His bad ints more than the refs cost the 40whiners the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pksoze View Post
    What did the 49ers say after we lost oh yes...bummer.

Anyway Kap had the ball with the chance to win and choked. His bad ints more than the refs cost the 40whiners the game.
    Much easier to ***** about the officials than admit that if you have to rely on your QBs arm and he wasn't up to it. How many yards did he have today? And how many of those dis he get with his legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Much easier to ***** about the officials than admit that if you have to rely on your QBs arm and he wasn't up to it. How many yards did he have today? And how many of those dis he get with his legs?
    At one point I remember they said he only had about 83 yards throwing and over 100 with his legs. They can whine about the officials all they want but when it came down to it, they had the ball with the chance to win twice and Kap threw bad ints twice. But you're right,,,people are weak willed today and rather blame refs then look in the mirror.

Veteran
    So glad too. I hate the Niners and their coach with the anger management issues. Russell Wilson seems like a nice guy. I was reading this afternoon a story about him visiting some fans in a hospital. And he thanked God for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
    Are you kidding me?! Roughing the kicker keeps the ball in SF hands and likely changes field position even if they have to punt it. The Bowman blown call was just atrocious. I saw that at full speed and the refs must have had their head up their asses. He laid with the ball for a full second before people jumped on him and ripped it off of him. A shame the rules didn't allow a review. Both of those plays likely change the outcome of the game.
    I think the turnovers had more to do with them losing then the refs.

No response from dillyyo2013. I still want to know how the niners not getting that fumble down near the goal line (bowman) changed the outcome of the game?? Lol. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. They wind up with the ball about 15 yards further down the field on next play.. Saved them from having their backs to the goalpost and maybe a costly turnover
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    No response from dillyyo2013. I still want to know how the niners not getting that fumble down near the goal line (bowman) changed the outcome of the game?? Lol. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. They wind up with the ball about 15 yards further down the field on next play.. Saved them from having their backs to the goalpost and maybe a costly turnover
    I'm here, I just also have a life. LOL I don't recall the exact sequence of events, but I do recall it happening as you stated and you are right in that it wasn't impacting like I thought it would. Though, I do feel the penalty on the punter that was blatantly wrong and that ultimately ended up with a TD, was a game changer.