+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SLEEPER RUNNING BACKS

Carlos Hyde*, RB, Ohio State
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 242.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
    Projected Round (2014): 2-4.
    12/21/13: Hyde was suspended for the first three games of the season. Since returning to the lineup for the Buckeyes, he has run over the Big Ten. Hyde had huge games against Northwestern (26-168), Iowa (24-149) and Purdue (16-147). Against Illinois, he was completely dominant. Hyde totaled 247 yards on 24 carries with four touchdowns on the ground. As a receiver, he had two receptions for 26 yards and a score.

The powerful Hyde is a one-cut downhill runner who can pick up yards after contact. The question will be if he has enough speed to be a featured runner in the NFL. Hyde has averaged 7.8 yards per carry for 1,290 yards with 14 touchdowns. He also has 13 receptions for 107 yards and two scores.

8/3/13: Hyde was bumped down the rankings some because of off-the-field issues. He was a named a person of interest in a reported assault of a woman at a Columbus bar, but police have stated that Hyde won't be charged with a crime. Head coach Urban Meyer had suspended Hyde from all team activities, but one can safety assume that Hyde will be reinstated. It remains to be seen if Ohio State will suspend him from any games to open the season for this brush up. The incident will still start up off-the-field questions with NFL scouts.

Hyde is a big, downhill, power back. He averaged 5.2 yards per carry for 970 yards and 16 touchdowns in 2012. Hyde is a good short-yardage and goal-line back, but may not have enough speed for the next level. He is very tough to bring down and constantly runs through tackles. For the NFL, Hyde should trim down to get quicker.

Personal: Majoring in criminology. Son of Dermida Hyde and Carlos Britton.

I like this guy..... Seems like the RB's will all be going in the mid rounds as there is no dominant back right now. This leads me to believe that someone is going to find a great back in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.... That is where we should be looking.

Who do you guys have ur eyes on?

Andre Williams, RB, Boston College
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 227.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
    Projected Round (2014): 3-4.
    12/21/13: Williams put an exclamation mark on his tremendous senior season with a record-settting game on senior day. He ran for 339 yards on 42 carries with two touchdowns against N.C. State. That set a Boston College single-game record. In 2013, Williams has averaged 6.4 yards per carry for 2,102 yards and 17 touchdowns. He has zero receptions.

Williams was a backup running back during his first three seasons. He ran for 584 yards in 2012, 517 yards in 2011 and 461 yards in 2010.

Personal: Son of Lancelene and Ervin Williams.

This guy catches well out of the backfield and I know Coughlin loves BC players...Maybe Snee will tell them to look into this kid

these guys aren't exactly sleepers. Check out Kapri Bibbs

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    these guys aren't exactly sleepers. Check out Kapri Bibbs
    Yes yes yes, If he's there late I'm interested.

how are Hyde of Williams sleepers?

Williams was a Heisman finalist...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    how are Hyde of Williams sleepers?

Williams was a Heisman finalist...
    sleeper pick for the Heisman?

I say sleeper because they aren't slated as first rounders...And they aren't slated as the top 3 backs off the board

This thread screams James Wilder Jr. 6'2 230 lbs in the mold of TJ Yeldon. He's projected to go anywhere from the 4th-6th rounds.

Veteran
    ^...I like this kid, though he has had some off the field issues.

There are a couple of really big backs I'm curious about besides Wilder Jr.; namely the 2 RB's from LSU:

Jeremy Hill & Alfred Blue