+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SR BOWL thread(weigh ins, practice reports, and game info).

SR BOWL thread(weigh ins, practice reports, and game info).

We had Weigh-Ins and first day of practice for this yrs Sr Bow... Zach Martin supposedly stole the show with a excellent 1st practice. He started the day by beating Trent Murphy on back to back reps in 1on1's.. Its worth noting , Trent Murphy came in even lighter then listed which isn't ideal, but i don't think is detrimental to where he goes..

Aaron Donald was the defensive story on the 1st day as one of my top fave prospects tore up Cyril Richardson in 1on1's.. The guys extremely powerful despite weighing in at 288lbs, and hes also extremely explosive.. Also for anyone worrrying , he did check in at just over 6ft tall.. This guys stock is just continuing the upward climb.. Anyhow, tehres many other players to discuss.

Players that I am interested in seeing from the North:

Marqueston Huff CB Wyoming (He was a safety but is making the transition to CB. He is a hard hitting guy so that is interesting to have a CB who can bring a big hit)

Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska (Tall CB who had drawn comparisons to Brandon Browner but is not as physical a player. Also no PED's for Jean-Baptiste lol)

Cyril Richardson OG Baylor (He is a beast but has been getting beat by Aaron Donald... but I mean who hasn't Donald gotten the best of?)

Weston Richburg C Colorado St (Interesting Center prospect coming from a relatively small school but has been a monster run blocking)

Zack Martin OT/OG Norte Dame (He has played OT but many think that he will be better suited at OG in the NFL. He is a very solid player)

Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley St ("White Lightning" is an interesting player IMO he is 6'3 maybe taller and runs an alleged 4.3. He is raw but could be a nice mid-late round WR pick)

C.J Fiedorowicz TE Iowa (He is perfect for our system I think. He is a huge guy who can block very well and has soft hands in the receiving game)

Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh (The dude is a straight beast. A little smaller than you would like out of a DT but his tape speaks for itself)

Other guys I am going to be watching are: Deon Bucannon S Washinton St, Charles Sims RB West Virginia, David Fluellen RB Toledo, Christian Kirksey OLB Iowa, Marcus Smith DE Louisville, Kareem Martin DE UNC, Will Clarke DE West Virginia, Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood

Players I am interested from the South:

Keith McGill CB Utah (Big CB 6'3, I am interested to see what he can do because I have not seen a lot of tape of him)

Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU (He is an interesting player. I haven't been able to see a whole lot of him but everything that I have seen I have liked of him)

Antonio Andrews RB Western Kentucky (Mid-late round RB who can return kicks as well. He really did it all for his team in college)

Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma (I liked a lot of the stuff he did last year but I have not gotten the chance to see much of him this year. Another big CB 6ft tall)

*Walt Aikens CB Liberty (He is a sleeper that I have heard good things about. He is 6'1 and is a former BBall player. I have seen a dunk contest that he is in and was impressed with his athleticism. I am interested to see what he can do vs D1 talent)

Telvin Smith OLB Florida St (A player that I really like. He is lighter than you would want from an OLB but he is very fast for a LB. He could be a guy who you could place on TE's and be able to stay with them because of his speed)

Jordan Tripp OLB Montana (Kind of a sleeper LB... I have not seen much of him but everything I have read makes him sound really solid. I am excited to see what he can do)

Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi St (He is a huge guy and really would be able to open some nice holes in the running game)

Gabe Ikard C Oklahoma (He played really well in the East-West Shrine Game besides one hold when he got a little carried away. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do against a bit better competition at the Senior Bowl)

Billy Turner OT North Dakota St (I have watched NDSU play quite a bit and this dude was an absolute beast whenever I watched. He was a blowing people back multiple yards in the running game.. I am curious if he could play some OG because I think he would be a nice mid round pick although lately I have seen him soaring up boards)

Marcel Jensen TE Fresno St (Big guy who can block well but wasn't really utilized much in the passing game this year at Fresno St because of their spread offense. I want to see what he can do with a chance to make some catches)

Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt (He is a very solid WR who has slid down into the 2nd round in a lot of the projections that I have seen lately. I think he would be a very good pick in the 2nd if he were available)

Other guys I am going to be watching are: Cody Hoffman WR BYU, Christian Jones LB Florida St, Chris Davis CB Auburn, Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois, Dee Ford OLB/DE Auburn, Travis Swanson C Arkansas, Arthur Lynch TE Georgia, Will Sutton DT Arizona St, Caraun Reid DT Princeton

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Charles Sims, RB from WVU, a guy who I was interested in seeing this week measured 8 1/4 inch hands. That is undraftable for a lot of NFL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    We had Weigh-Ins and first day of practice for this yrs Sr Bow... Zach Martin supposedly stole the show with a excellent 1st practice. He started the day by beating Trent Murphy on back to back reps in 1on1's.. Its worth noting , Trent Murphy came in even lighter then listed which isn't ideal, but i don't think is detrimental to where he goes..

Aaron Donald was the defensive story on the 1st day as one of my top fave prospects tore up Cyril Richardson in 1on1's.. The guys extremely powerful despite weighing in at 288lbs, and hes also extremely explosive.. Also for anyone worrrying , he did check in at just over 6ft tall.. This guys stock is just continuing the upward climb.. Anyhow, tehres many other players to discuss.
    Like I said in the other thread its 1 thing to destroy some of the weaker players Donald did during the season its another thing to beat up on 1 of the best interior line prospects in the draft. Im still not convinced the majority of teams will view him as an every down player "Which the vast majority of Lineman arent". While he is the premier gap shooter , bigger , physical teams will run right at him. Not saying he wont get his share of wins , his quickness will cause TFL and put teams in 2nd and 13 situations. If the Giants want him they will probably have to take him at 12. I think he is a serious candidate to be picked by the Bears as he fits their defense very well
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-21-2014 at 09:32 AM.

i was watching the practice on nfl network yesterday, and mayock said that he thinks Zack Martin is a Day 1 starting LT. High praise. I wonder if he would shoot up boards to the top 15

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Like I said in the other thread its 1 thing to destroy some of the weaker players Donald did during the season its another thing to beat up on 1 of the best interior line prospects in the draft. Im still not convinced the majority of teams will view him as an every down player "Which the vast majority of Lineman arent". While he is the premier gap shooter , bigger , physical teams will run right at him. Not saying he wont get his share of wins , his quickness will cause TFL and put teams in 2nd and 13 situations. If the Giants want him they will probably have to take him at 12. I think he is a serious candidate to be picked by the Bears as he fits their defense very well
    Im hearing a lot of Timmy Jernigan to the Bears now.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

Dee Ford was killing it yesterday, he was someone I was hoping might be there second round if all the elite pass rushers are off the board in the first, as he could provide great value as a stand up rusher on 3rd down. If he keeps this up he might sneak into the first round.

Zack Martin, too, was someone I was really high on, and to see him doing so well yesterday is bittersweet because it means he too probably won't be there day two. He reminds he Pugh the way everyone was calling for him to move to guard, because of less than ideal measurable, but all reports indicate he was not only the best tackle, but best offensive lineman yesterday.

The player that intrigued me the most for this Sr. Bowl though was Seantrel Henderson, the former #1 high school recruit who never really panned out at the U, but all reports indicate he came this week to play. Should be interesting to see where ends up fitting in the draft, because his physical gifts could really shoot him up draft boards if he shows any inkling of desire. I liked him as a mid-late round gamble type of guy, where if he puts it together, he would have top 10 value.

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    i was watching the practice on nfl network yesterday, and mayock said that he thinks Zack Martin is a Day 1 starting LT. High praise. I wonder if he would shoot up boards to the top 15
    I see Martin going to the Dolphins in the 1st round in alot of mocks now..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I see Martin going to the Dolphins in the 1st round in alot of mocks now..
    I really think he is gonna jump up to top 15 by the combine rolls around. the way guys get hyped, i could see him top 10. but i honestly doubt it, because i think there is just too much talent top 10

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    I really think he is gonna jump up to top 15 by the combine rolls around. the way guys get hyped, i could see him top 10. but i honestly doubt it, because i think there is just too much talent top 10
    Wouldn't doubt it. He's a much safer pick than someone like Kouandjio or even Robinson. Steady, steady player.

+ Reply to Thread