+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Beason isn't a particularly good player anymore. But he did a good job commanding the huddle and getting guys lined up.

The giants can live with poor MLB play, they have done it for years. But they can't live without a guy who gets them lined up correctly.
    true, but we do not want to be in a position 2 years from now saying why is this guy taking up so much cap room and why did reese pay him so much ect ect.

so Reese has to be careful not to over spend here. i think he will be.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Beason isn't a particularly good player anymore. But he did a good job commanding the huddle and getting guys lined up.

The giants can live with poor MLB play, they have done it for years. But they can't live without a guy who gets them lined up correctly.
    He also has a history of injuries. Yes he did a good job here but how much do people want to give a guy with a history of injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    true, but we do not want to be in a position 2 years from now saying why is this guy taking up so much cap room and why did reese pay him so much ect ect.

so Reese has to be careful not to over spend here. i think he will be.
    Yea. I am fine with not bringing him back if he wants substantial money.

He's not nearly the player so many here think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    He also has a history of injuries. Yes he did a good job here but how much do people want to give a guy with a history of injuries?
    +1.

The price has to be right. Don't understand the thinking of some that he has to be brought back at any cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    another words he didnt beat out their starting MLB , correct?
    Yea, well that guy is probably the best MLB in football...

Quote Originally Posted by iansmitty631 View Post
    i wrote in my first pos"...(obviously there comes a point where u say no but there is no ay beason goes that high).."
    so no. i would say if ts less then 5 million a year, yes. i would say most teams wont offer him much. if the panthers accepted a 7th rounder for him, they must have thought that he had nothing left in the tank...did not seem like that to me. under 5mill a year and he should stay. if the giants offer 3 mill, and he says no i want 4.5, they better not let him walk. pay the money and call it a day.
    +1. I think the Giants keep him at a reasonable price. I don't think anyone's going to break the bank for him.

Beason has value, but they've got to be sensible about what that value is.

He's a nice player, but signing him long term comes with a lot of risk. Also, always be wary of valuing a guy purely off of his contract year.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Veteran
    In this age of football a middle linebacker can't be considered good if he can't cover well enough. Just being a run support guy isn't good enough anymore. If he can't cover, he shouldn't be considered a long term solution at the position.

Bowman and Willis are considered the top inside linebackers. Not just because of their ability against the run, but because both are good in coverage as well. That's the measuring stick for a MLB now.

I think 4 million per is too much to pay a stop gap guy. Beason is good at bringing the wood on the run but if he's going to be off the field 40-50% of the time in the pass happy nfl he isn't a long term solution. Guys like Dansby or even Darryl Smith might be a better fit. but if the price is right keep him for sure..give him an incentive laden contract. He isn't a for sure thing no one is in the NFL when it comes to injuries but his history of having them should keep his price down somewhat.

100 tackles in 12 games makes him one of the best LBs we have had in awhile... Dude is a tackling machine... I don't care about his past injuries b/c he didn't get hurt here...

This D was on the verge of sinking in the abyss until he came here... Couple leading the team in tackles, new scheme, and the turn around this d had when ge got here puts him high on the resign list...
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. He is smart and will adjust.