+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FlimFlam's Epic Mock Draft thread

Talking FlimFlam's Epic Mock Draft thread

I'll post scouting reports and my free agent signings later. I have two yo. They're both basically BPA, but v1.0 turned out to be offense heavy so I went with another version, that was BPA again, but leaned a little toward the D, which Inprefer even though we need help on the OL, RB and TE.

DRAFT NEEDS: CB, LB, OL, RB, TE, DE

_ MOCK DRAFTS

VERSION 1.0

1)[12]Taylor Lewan OT 3 Michigan rSr 6-7 315 1

2)[44]Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE 3 Washington Jr 6-6 276 2

3)[76]64 Kyle Fuller CB 7 Virginia Tech Sr 6-0 194 2-3
    (Orig choice tore knee in Senior bowl: Aaron Colvin CB 9 Oklahoma Sr 6-0 186 2-3)

4)[108]Lache Seastrunk RB 8 Baylor rJr 5-9 210 3-4

5)[136]Jalen Saunders WR 21 Oklahoma Sr 5-9 164 4-5

6)[172]Adrian Hubbard OLB 15 Alabama rJr 6-6 255 5

7) TO PANTHERS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VERSION 2.0

1)[12]C.J. Mosley ILB 1 Alabama Sr 6-2 232 1

2)[44]Ka'Deem Carey RB 1 Arizona Jr 5-10 207 2

3)[76]Troy Niklas TE 4 Notre Dame rJr 6-6 270 2-3

4)[108]Keith McGill CB 14 Utah rSr 6-3 214 3-4

5)[136]James Hurst OT 12 North Carolina Sr 6-6 305 4

6)[172]Aaron Lynch DE 16 South Florida rSo 6-5 244 5-6

7) TO PANTHERS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll post scouting reports later.

I really wanted to focus on defense while trying to find some hidden gem offensive playmaker weapons for McAdoo to dream up plays for and Eli to move the chains with. However, I went with the best player available in realistic spots where they should be available while keeping on eye on our needs. I estimated their positioning by using a combo of CBS, ESPN (Kiper/McShay insider), NFL Draft Countdown, Scout.com's, and NFL.COM's scouting/mock draft pages.

What do you think? I think these drafts would really load our team. Combine these draftees with some judicious free agents and our own resignings and we're back in the hunt baby.
    Last edited by flimflam; 01-22-2014 at 12:04 AM.

FYI.. Colvin tore his ACL today..

Quote Originally Posted by flimflam View Post
    I'll post scouting reports and my free agent signings later. I have two yo. They're both basically BPA, but v1.0 turned out to be offense heavy so I went with another version, that was BPA again, but leaned a little toward the D, which Inprefer even though we need help on the OL, RB and TE.

DRAFT NEEDS: CB, LB, OL, RB, TE, DE

_ MOCK DRAFTS

VERSION 1.0

1)[12]Taylor Lewan OT 3 Michigan rSr 6-7 315 1

2)[44]Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE 3 Washington Jr 6-6 276 2

3)[76]Aaron Colvin CB 9 Oklahoma Sr 6-0 186 2-3

4)[108]Lache Seastrunk RB 8 Baylor rJr 5-9 210 3-4

5)[136]Jalen Saunders WR 21 Oklahoma Sr 5-9 164 4-5

6)[172]Adrian Hubbard OLB 15 Alabama rJr 6-6 255 5

7) TO PANTHERS

VERSION 2.0

1)[12]C.J. Mosley ILB 1 Alabama Sr 6-2 232 1

2)[44]Ka'Deem Carey RB 1 Arizona Jr 5-10 207 2

3)[76]Troy Niklas TE 4 Notre Dame rJr 6-6 270 2-3

4)[108]Keith McGill CB 14 Utah rSr 6-3 214 3-4

5)[136]James Hurst OT 12 North Carolina Sr 6-6 305 4

6)[172]Aaron Lynch DE 16 South Florida rSo 6-5 244 5-6

7) TO PANTHERS

I'll post scouting reports later.

I really wanted to focus on defense while trying to find some hidden gem offensive playmaker weapons for McAdoo to dream up plays for and Eli to move the chains with. However, I went with the best player available in realistic spots where they should be available while keeping on eye on our needs. I estimated their positioning by using a combo of CBS, ESPN (Kiper/McShay insider), NFL Draft Countdown, Scout.com's, and NFL.COM's scouting/mock draft pages.

What do you think? I think these drafts would really load our team. Combine these draftees with some judicious free agents and our own resignings and we're back in the hunt baby.
    If I could combine the drafts I would go with

1st- Mosley
    2nd- Carey
    3rd- Niklas
    4th- McGill
    5th- Hurst
    6th- Lynch

I would say Saunders in the 5th but I feel like there should be at least one OL picked. I am a fan of Colvin but he just tore his ACL so he will fall farther than he would normally. McGill could be a really nice pick in the 4th though!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

-NYGfanSTRICK thanks for teh input. Yeah, McGill in the 4th would be a steal and wonderful pick. If he does well in the Senior Bowl, and then tests we'll at the Combine, I'm afraid he could sky rocket. The CB position is pretty deep this year. I wouldn't mind Dennard with the 12th pick for us, but feel we could get a defensive or offensive lineman there while addressing CB in the later rounds while getting a high level of talent from all the picks.

I know a lot of draftnicks have us getting Mosley with the 12th pick, and he's on most experts "Big Boards", they simultaneously state that it's unlikely we'll draft a LB in the First. But damn, we have to get the BPA, and he's too talented and a consummate football player to pass up. While we have several needs, having him with Beason in the LBers would be wonderful. Heck, look at what the two top teams have in their LB corp- Bowman, Willis (SF) and Wagner (Sea)-while we mitigate their importance and focus on the line and DBs, Beason highlighted how much LBers mean to us, especially with today's offenses. We need athletic and rangy every down LBers-Mosely fits that bill and would be a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflam View Post
    -NYGfanSTRICK thanks for teh input. Yeah, McGill in the 4th would be a steal and wonderful pick. If he does well in the Senior Bowl, and then tests we'll at the Combine, I'm afraid he could sky rocket. The CB position is pretty deep this year. I wouldn't mind Dennard with the 12th pick for us, but feel we could get a defensive or offensive lineman there while addressing CB in the later rounds while getting a high level of talent from all the picks.

I know a lot of draftnicks have us getting Mosley with the 12th pick, and he's on most experts "Big Boards", they simultaneously state that it's unlikely we'll draft a LB in the First. But damn, we have to get the BPA, and he's too talented and a consummate football player to pass up. While we have several needs, having him with Beason in the LBers would be wonderful. Heck, look at what the two top teams have in their LB corp- Bowman, Willis (SF) and Wagner (Sea)-while we mitigate their importance and focus on the line and DBs, Beason highlighted how much LBers mean to us, especially with today's offenses. We need athletic and rangy every down LBers-Mosely fits that bill and would be a great start.
    Yeah no problem. McGill looks pretty raw but him and Jean-Baptiste could be studs in the NFL because of their size. They both could rise very quickly with a good week at the Senior Bowl and the Combine. I agree what you said about Mosley as well. I think it would be awesome if we addressed the OL in Free Agency then we could strictly go BPA in the draft. We would be bound to get some good players picking as high as we are

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Yes, I concur about getting BPA in the draft and signing free agents to address holes especially on the O-line. While there are good offensive and defensive free agents this year, the free agent offensive linemen class is particularly strong. We could get a good LT, Guard or Center in FA. If we can build the line through FA, then it would allow us to get some offensive weapons and defensive playmakers, which we sorely need but always choosing along the BPA methodology.

+ Reply to Thread