+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft: Looking At Center Travis Swanson For The Giants

NFL Draft: Looking At Center Travis Swanson For The Giants

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...he_giants.html

Excerpt: "Of the seven players to choose from, you resoundingly wanted to know more about Arkansas offensive lineman Travis Swanson for the Giants. So I hawked him Tuesday afternoon during a Reese's Senior Bowl practice.

What I saw was an athletic, versatile center who may be a good fit in the Giants new (alleged) West Coast offense. Swanson, who is generally projected to be selected in the first or second round, also took a lot of snaps at guard during practice on Tuesday. It was the first time he's played that position this week.

Swanson hasn't played guard in a game since high school. He started all 50 career games at center for Arkansas. But he's open to the idea of being adept at both spots in order to increase his marketability to NFL teams, something that could interest the offensive line needy Giants.

“[The coaches] wanted to switch up some guys, mix it up. They want more guys to be more versatile because obviously it adds value to your resume,” Swanson said. “It’s a little different. Obviously, first day kinks. I have to try and work those out.”

For the second straight day, there was some good and bad from Swanson. To me, he didn’t look like a dominant player. He appeared more like a potentially quality player in the right scheme.

Pros: Swanson’s size is obvious. He measured in this week at a solid 6-foot-5, 310 pounds, with potential for more. His arms were 32.88”. For a man at that size, Swanson moved very well during South team drills. He showed an excellent ability to get to the second level. For a team that runs a lot of screen passes (like most West Coast offenses), that could be very useful. Swanson also played with good leverage. Despite being 6-foot-5, he had a good crouch, and played relatively low to the ground." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I like Swanson alot.. Would make sense in the 2nd..

He's wearing Baas's #64 in that photo -- bad mojo.

I'd rather get a veteran center and draft guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I like Swanson alot.. Would make sense in the 2nd..
    Agreed. Would be good value in the 2nd Rd, especially if they bring in a veteran center via FA. His versatility would allow him to play other spots while being groomed to eventually take over at center.
    One of these teams is not like the others

I like Richburg and Stork better.

Richburg, Stork , and Swanson are the 3 best C's i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    theres 4 that I like.. Bodine being the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Stork is too much of a risk for me right now. He has fallen in my eyes and I am not reading good things from the senior bowl.

I do think he has good leadership, I just think his injury concerns will scare a lot of teams away.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    theres 4 that I like.. Bodine being the 4th
    Bodine is right there as well. Love the versatility of Russell Bodine. He can play all 3 interior spots.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Stork is too much of a risk for me right now. He has fallen in my eyes and I am not reading good things from the senior bowl.

I do think he has good leadership, I just think his injury concerns will scare a lot of teams away.
    Hes got enough good tape for me. Sure, i probably woulden't touch em till RD5 or so, but in the 5th, i'll take a chance on his health.

+ Reply to Thread