+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Out of the Box -- Eli for Clowney

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Like I said, they would do it in a heartbeat if they thought the next Andrew Luck was sitting in the draft. It a no brainer, do you choose to keep your current franchise QB (who just threw 27 picks) who has about 4-5 years left max, or do you choose to trade him. So you can pick the next franchise QB that will be here for 15 years. Again, if you loved a QB in the draft. It's a no brainer, but the Browns would go down as the dumbest franchise in league history if they made a deal like that.

Remember the Colts chose to let a franchise legend and arguably the best QB ever to play the game walk, so,they could better themselves for the long term. And now it looks like they are set for a long time.

What the Colts did made sense. Given the completely different circumstances, what was proposed in the original post did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    What the Colts did made sense. Given the completely different circumstances, what was proposed in the original post did not.
    It would have to be the perfect situation for the Giants to pull the trigger, but there is no situation that would ever make sense for the Browns to do it. Not for a 10 year vet who led the league in picks, with a killer salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    At least write substance ... sighs mean nothing
    Sighs while shaking ones head usually means that person is practicing the advice all our mothers gave us so far as if one hasn't anything nice to say, to not say anything at all.

It would have to be the perfect situation for the Giants to pull the trigger, but there is no situation that would ever make sense for the Browns to do it. Not for a 10 year vet who led the league in picks, with a killer salary.

Sure there is but it's so unlikely it may as well be impossible; the only way it would make sense is if your team was talented but needed a proven franchise QB to get you over the top and there are no good QBs in the draft class.

The Colts situation was unique and was a completely different situation from this thread. The situations are not even remotely similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Sure there is but it's so unlikely it may as well be impossible; the only way it would make sense is if your team was talented but needed a proven franchise QB to get you over the top and there are no good QBs in the draft class.

The Colts situation was unique and was a completely different situation from this thread. The situations are not even remotely similar.
    So we agree, the a Browns would never do it. Which was my original post in this thread... Thank you.

You see guys like demarcus ware or robert quinn dominate on specific snaps, they're not getting 1 sack per drive per say. A franchise QB can dominate every drive or at least close to it. I would love a guy like Clowney but not for Eli.

So we agree, the a Browns would never do it. Which was my original post in this thread... Thank you.
    You're welcome. It's what I've been saying since post 21.

Whatd the point of these crazy "would you trade___" or "what if" posts???

Shaub isn't much worse than Manning in fact his career completion %, QB Rating, etc. is much better. He is also younger than Manning.

I would laugh at that trade offer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    Shaub isn't much worse than Manning in fact his career completion %, QB Rating, etc. is much better. He is also younger than Manning.

I would laugh at that trade offer.
    So you'd trade Schaub straight up for Manning?? Man these threads are getting more ridiculous by the day. I thought whoever started this thread was pretty ridiculous until I saw the post above I responded too. Schaub for Manning lol

+ Reply to Thread