+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of the Box -- Eli for Clowney

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    If you're not sold on Clowney, I understand -- my gut is that he is for real.
    I'm definitely not nor do I think a DL for QB swap is commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    this has got to be a joke...
    Not a joke at all.

Eli is on the backside of his career -- Clowney is a terror that could dominate and make us a killer D again. Why is that crazy?

its best to let Eli play this next season out and go from there.

Coughlin using his Tablet

Houston, would laugh in Jerry's face if he approached them with that offer. Nobody, is giving up the 1st pick in the draft for Eli Manning. Forget about throwing in Schaub. This is absolute craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I'm definitely not nor do I think a DL for QB swap is commensurate.
    But Eli may never be the same -- Clowney is just starting -- doesn't that shift the balance?

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Houston, would laugh in Jerry's face if he approached them with that offer. Nobody, is giving up the 1st pick in the draft for Eli Manning. Forget about throwing in Schaub. This is absolute craziness.
    Not so sure -- look what Peyton is doing for Denver -- and Houston could turn it around quickly, just like KC did, don't you think?

Not so sure -- look what Peyton is doing for Denver -- and Houston could turn it around quickly, just like KC did, don't you think?
    Eli is not Peyton. And Denver didn't have the 1st pick in the draft. If they did, Andrew Luck would be playing in Denver right now. You don't trade the first overall pick for a player that has 5 years left at the most.

Not a joke at all.

Eli is on the backside of his career -- Clowney is a terror that could dominate and make us a killer D again. Why is that crazy?
    At least put a qb's name out there cause without one you're not winning anything.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

But Eli may never be the same -- Clowney is just starting -- doesn't that shift the balance?

Not for me. Established franchise QBs are hard to come by, potentially great defensive linemen, less so.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Eli is not Peyton. And Denver didn't have the 1st pick in the draft. If they did, Andrew Luck would be playing in Denver right now. You don't trade the first overall pick for a player that has 5 years left at the most.
    You may be right -- but I assume you would do the deal if you were the NYG?

+ Reply to Thread