+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Houston, would laugh in Jerry's face if he approached them with that offer. Nobody, is giving up the 1st pick in the draft for Eli Manning. Forget about throwing in Schaub. This is absolute craziness.

I was thinking the same thing just from the other perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    But Eli may never be the same -- Clowney is just starting -- doesn't that shift the balance?
    The word MAY in your post says it all. Eli MAY never be the same. Clowney MAY never be a dominate DE in the NFL. He has had some questions about his dedication. Maybe they are silly but they are there and he is unproven in the NFL. I don't think you can trade a 2 time SB MVP for a rookie because of the chance that he MAY never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    You may be right -- but I assume you would do the deal if you were the NYG?
    I would trade Eli for the 1st pick in the draft, but only if I loved one of the QB's available to be my franchise QB for the next 15 years. Not for a DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    At least put a qb's name out there cause without one you're not winning anything.
    Matt Schaub, Christian Ponder, Kirk Cousins

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I was thinking the same thing just from the other perspective.
    You think the Giants would turn down that trade??

If we trade Eli, QB immediately becomes our greatest need, by a long-shot.

So unless Nassib showed some real goods last year that none of us saw, you're not drafting Clowney.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhorner6 View Post
    The word MAY in your post says it all. Eli MAY never be the same. Clowney MAY never be a dominate DE in the NFL. He has had some questions about his dedication. Maybe they are silly but they are there and he is unproven in the NFL. I don't think you can trade a 2 time SB MVP for a rookie because of the chance that he MAY never be the same.
    True -- yes, Eli may come back, but I'm ready to take the risk of the upside for the long term future

You don't trade the first overall pick for a player that has 5 years left at the most.

I think it depends on the player. Given how poor the relative success rate of first round picks (including #1 picks) is particularly with defensive linemen, in my opinion the value of the potential is lower and riskier than the value of the known commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    If we trade Eli, QB immediately becomes our greatest need, by a long-shot.

So unless Nassib showed some real goods last year that none of us saw, you're not drafting Clowney.
    No -- just look at Seattle and SF -- both winning with non 1st round QBs

You think the Giants would turn down that trade??
    Of course they would.