+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    No -- just look at Seattle and SF -- both winning with non 1st round QBs
    Very good points.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Yeah no.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

what does...Shaub is good enough to win in the NFL mean??

win what?....

Not a good idea at all IMO....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

You guys are looking at this the wrong way.
    the reality is that there is no way the Texans would trade for a guy that had a worse year than the guy they benched, for a once in 5 years D lineman.
    If they want a QB, there are several outstanding prospects to choose from with the #1 pick.
    Why on earth would they trade for a guy who has a few years left and is coming off an all time terrible season.
    Can you imagine the fans uproar in Houston????
    Get well soon 80.

We still believe in Eli, so we would never do it.

Houston would never trade the first pick in the draft that could be a Pro Bowler for the next 10 years for a QB in his 10th year that just had his worst season ever.
    Schaub for Eli is just trading one pick happy guy for another.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

As much as I think Clowney is going to be a stud player I wouldn't trade Eli for him. Especially not if Matt Schaub is part of the deal.

Plus, why would the Giants trade away the franchise QB just to get a defensive player, no matter how talented his is when they don't have a future franchise QB waiting in the wings to replace Eli? Makes no sense.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You guys are looking at this the wrong way.
    the reality is that there is no way the Texans would trade for a guy that had a worse year than the guy they benched, for a once in 5 years D lineman.
    If they want a QB, there are several outstanding prospects to choose from with the #1 pick.
    Why on earth would they trade for a guy who has a few years left and is coming off an all time terrible season.
    Can you imagine the fans uproar in Houston????
    Ha! I swear I didn't see your post before I typed mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    No -- just look at Seattle and SF -- both winning with non 1st round QBs
    Don't forget the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    As much as I think Clowney is going to be a stud player I wouldn't trade Eli for him. Especially not if Matt Schaub is part of the deal.

Plus, why would the Giants trade away the franchise QB just to get a defensive player, no matter how talented his is when they don't have a future franchise QB waiting in the wings to replace Eli? Makes no sense.
    If you knew Clowney would be just as dominant as Stray you wouldn't do it? I would, and it's not totally about Eli having a bad year, but its about Eli being a 10 year vet.

why is this even a discussion?

Mara made it clear that the offense is broken, so we deal with that by downgrading big time from Eli to Schaub?