+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Here's an idea: what if we offered Eli in a trade to Houston for the #1 pick and Matt Schaub?

You know what? I'd do it -- Eli may have some good seasons ahead of him, but Clowney is likely a special player that comes along only once in many years. And Schaub is good enough to win in the NFL -- he needs a change in team to clear his head.

And I think Houston would do it -- notwithstanding their record, they're loaded with talent and someone like Eli could make them a playoff team.

So how crazy is this idea?
    Your word "likely" means what? That Clowney MIGHT be all those things you named and more. There is so many equations that enter in for this to be true. What if Clowney is injured seriously then we would be without Eli?

I've enjoyed your thread, but Eli is going no where. Now how do we get Clowney and keep Eli?

I like for the Giants to win SB. So no, I wouldn't trade Eli for a DE.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Eli and Brewer for Clowney and JJ Watt..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Or the Eli we saw in 2013 in the Eli we get from now on.
    This is absolutely a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    high risk? I don't think so.
    I actually think it would be easy to find another QB to throw 27 interceptions.
    OK, One Eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Eli and Brewer for Clowney and JJ Watt..
    Is Brewer supposed to act as some sort of deal sweetener, or are you just trying to unload him? Lol.

Here's the bottom line.. Forget Clowney, forget Schaub. You DON'T trade the first overall pick in the draft for an aging QB coming off two poor seasons, making a huge salary. Never, ever, ever. The Texans would NEVER give us the 1st pick for Eli. It's a laughable proposition.

That being said, the Giants probably wouldn't do it unless they absolutely loved a QB in the upcoming draft..

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Here's the bottom line.. Forget Clowney, forget Schaub. You DON'T trade the first overall pick in the draft for an aging QB coming off two poor seasons, making a huge salary. Never, ever, ever. The Texans would NEVER give us the 1st pick for Eli. It's a laughable proposition.

That being said, the Giants probably wouldn't do it unless they absolutely loved a QB in the upcoming draft..
    Here's the bottom line.. Forget Clowney, forget Schaub. You DON'T trade an established SB winning franchise QB for the first overall pick in the draft when that draft position would not solve many of the immediate concerns of your team particularly when your team has so many holes to fill. Never, ever, ever. The Giants would NEVER give away their franchise QB in hopes that the 1st pick works out for them. I doesn't make any sense; It's a laughable proposition.

I think Clowney is going to be a SUPERSTAR but NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Here's the bottom line.. Forget Clowney, forget Schaub. You DON'T trade an established SB winning franchise QB for the first overall pick in the draft when that draft position would not solve many of the immediate concerns of your team particularly when your team has so many holes to fill. Never, ever, ever. The Giants would NEVER give away their franchise QB in hopes that the 1st pick works out for them. I doesn't make any sense; It's a laughable proposition.
    Like I said, they would do it in a heartbeat if they thought the next Andrew Luck was sitting in the draft. It a no brainer, do you choose to keep your current franchise QB (who just threw 27 picks) who has about 4-5 years left max, or do you choose to trade him. So you can pick the next franchise QB that will be here for 15 years. Again, if you loved a QB in the draft. It's a no brainer, but the Browns would go down as the dumbest franchise in league history if they made a deal like that.

Remember the Colts chose to let a franchise legend and arguably the best QB ever to play the game walk, so,they could better themselves for the long term. And now it looks like they are set for a long time.