+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TE-2014

Banned
    Arthur lynch weighed in at 224 thats pretty small for a TE. If we don't sign a WR or TE in free agency then I hope we go with a Ebron or Mike Evans/Lee at 12. We don't have enough playmakers on offense right now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    I was against a TE with the 12th pick because I wanted them to go defense in the first round. But the more tape I watch on Ebron I'm starting to like the idea of getting him in the first round. The kid is a beast with some of the plays he makes and the way he fights for the ball.
    I was saying the same thing a week ago. The more I watch Ebron the more I wouldn't mind taking him at 12. Now with our new offensive coordinator we should be able to utilize a TE. It'd be nice to open up the middle of the field with an Ebron type TE.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatNiCcA56 View Post
    I was saying the same thing a week ago. The more I watch Ebron the more I wouldn't mind taking him at 12. Now with our new offensive coordinator we should be able to utilize a TE. It'd be nice to open up the middle of the field with an Ebron type TE.
    He would definitely be a major weapon on the offense. I read somewhere that both the Giants and Jets are interested in Ebron. If the Giants pass on him and the Jets snag Ebron I'll be ticked.
    One of these teams is not like the others

It didn't hurt much, but I do think Amaro was hurt by having the smallest hand size of all the TEs. When you combine that with the fact that his tape doesnt show a lot of catches in traffic, it might raise just enough doubt to bump him down below the other 2 guys. TE's need to be able to catch a ball with Lbs draped all over him.

In light of that I agree a little with Mayock's assessment and put Aramo 3rd. All 3 are strong prospects tho. It is hard to figure which is best for us because of the new scheme.

Trade down and pick Amaro?

Plan -- wait until we're on the clock at 12, trade down to about 20 plus a second round pick, select Amaro.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Plan -- wait until we're on the clock at 12, trade down to about 20 plus a second round pick, select Amaro.

What do you think?
    Trade down theories require a trade partner. So I don't entertain them because its not something just our team can control.

I am not against them, I just think its too far out there to bother with.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    Please draft Ebron
    Not at 12. Like Blue said an i kind of said cause I did kind of marginalize his inability to blocků. he can't block that well and needs polishing in that department, and as a receiving threat stacked to Amaro, he is not as versatile as Jace. I like the kid but not at 12

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Not at 12. Like Blue said an i kind of said cause I did kind of marginalize his inability to block…. he can't block that well and needs polishing in that department, and as a receiving threat stacked to Amaro, he is not as versatile as Jace. I like the kid but not at 12

I wouldn't mind him at 12. He isnt a blocker but I have no idea what our new OC would do with him. He is similar to finley in skillset tho and this OC would likely know how to use that skillset.

I think a good late round TE prospect would be Marcel Jensen.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I wouldn't mind him at 12. He isnt a blocker but I have no idea what our new OC would do with him. He is similar to finley in skillset tho and this OC would likely know how to use that skillset.

I agee with Jensen, another late roud prospect I think would look good a well and surprise many is Najvar.

The only reason why I don't' want Ebron at twelve is because of the QB run I am predicting and the talent that might be available there at 12. I know trading down is kind of a 50/50 option, but if we could a couple spots down then i would be okay with it. Still like Amaro's ceiling over Ebrons.

Just woke up, damn this hawaii time its like 10am right now, now watching the combine. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post

Ebron is underrated as a blocker, but honestly I'm not looking for a blocking TE. We need someone who can put pressure on opposing LBs/Safeties and stretch the field vertically. This would take tons of pressure off Cruz and allow him to run underneath routes. Depending on who Defenses decide to double Randle/Nicks would then have mismatches on the outside and could work the sidelines.

I think he'd start immediately and would help the entire offense tremendously.
    JR....do it, do it!

1- Eric Ebron- TE
    2- Gabe Jackson- OG
    3- Weston Richburg/Marcus Martin- C
    4- Antonio Richardson- OT
    5a- Anthony Johnson- DT
    5b- Marqueston Huff- FS
    6- Aaron Lynch- DE