+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants' NFL Draft: OL Zack Martin Works His Way Into Top 15 Mix?

Right now it would be Lewan, Martin, Kouandjio. Kouandjio is a wild card though, think Tyron Smith ceiling, the question is though how do you weigh the risk reward of him reaching that ceiling, because he needs a lot of coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Can't we just have one OL who IS a mauler????
    Please & Thank You !!!!
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

All-Pro
    Is Snee a mauler? He worked out pretty good..

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I don't think versatility pushes any lineman into the top 15. You're either confident he is a starter at one position [left tackle] or not. I know people will reference Pugh, but the draft classes and position are hardly comparable.
    I disagree.. with Pugh as the only lock as a week 1 starter on the roster.. I think being versatile is huge, but he's projected at guard in the NFL..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I dont see an elite talent player when I watch Martin on tape. If im taking a Guard high he better run over people. I get that from Greg Robinson dont get that from Martin
    I totally agree with your post. I've watched almost every ND game this year and while he definitely seems like a solid player doesn't jump out at me. Especially with the 12th pick I wouldn't touch him. Greg Robinson I'd like at 12. He can play guard and tackle. Very athletic and at G he can be a mauler there.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatNiCcA56 View Post
    I totally agree with your post. I've watched almost every ND game this year and while he definitely seems like a solid player doesn't jump out at me. Especially with the 12th pick I wouldn't touch him. Greg Robinson I'd like at 12. He can play guard and tackle. Very athletic and at G he can be a mauler there.
    too bad Robinson is a top 5-8 pick

I dont think Martin is a first round pick. Think hes a 2nd rounder.Just dont see the power from him I think he would need at guard, and I have no confidence in his ability to play OT at the next level on either side

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont think Martin is a first round pick. Think hes a 2nd rounder.Just dont see the power from him I think he would need at guard, and I have no confidence in his ability to play OT at the next level on either side
    So as of right now you don't see him as a day one starter?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I disagree.. with Pugh as the only lock as a week 1 starter on the roster.. I think being versatile is huge, but he's projected at guard in the NFL..
    So you'd rather have a player who can play moderately at multiple positions, one of which he hasn't played since HS vs. someone who can adeptly play one position? This is a first round pick some people are suggesting. Even with a second round pick, I'd rather draft a guard rather than a player to convert with no real premise that they'd succeed there. I don't think he translates well to the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
    So as of right now you don't see him as a day one starter?
    I'm sure he could be. But I don't see much upside with him.

Think you can find comparable talent at guard later in the draft

+ Reply to Thread