+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants' NFL Draft: OL Zack Martin Works His Way Into Top 15 Mix?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont think Martin is a first round pick. Think hes a 2nd rounder.Just dont see the power from him I think he would need at guard, and I have no confidence in his ability to play OT at the next level on either side
    Martins actually one of the rare Lineman i'd be ok taking in RD1. His play against Rutgers in the Pinstripe bowl was some of the finest blocking i'd see all bowl season. He did show some power blocking the outside edge and he got in space to the 2nd level many times and was stout run blocking inside the 10.I dont' care for Martin at 10, but i'd be ok if we dropped back in the 20's and snagged him while aquiring other picks. As far as the other Olineman, i'm really hoping we don't go with that at pick 12. If we do go Oline at 12, i hope its Martin..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Martins actually one of the rare Lineman i'd be ok taking in RD1. His play against Rutgers in the Pinstripe bowl was some of the finest blocking i'd see all bowl season. He did show some power blocking the outside edge and he got in space to the 2nd level many times and was stout run blocking inside the 10.I dont' care for Martin at 10, but i'd be ok if we dropped back in the 20's and snagged him while aquiring other picks. As far as the other Olineman, i'm really hoping we don't go with that at pick 12. If we do go Oline at 12, i hope its Martin..
    That's a bit of a contradiction sportzfan. Are you saying your okay with Martin if they traded back (which I would agree), or that your fine with going with Martin at 12?

He has short arms....he cant possibly be good.

Sorry no idea how to red text anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    That's a bit of a contradiction sportzfan. Are you saying your okay with Martin if they traded back (which I would agree), or that your fine with going with Martin at 12?
    No, what i meant, is i'd be "OK" with him in the 20s, as thats where i see him having solid value, but outta all the lineman, the one i'd be able to stomach most if we had to take one at pick 12, would be Z. Martin.. Basically, if you likie a player for the 20's, you woulden't completely hate em at pick 12, just woulden't be ideal as it would be in the 20's, but i could deal with it.. No contradiction.

Zack Martins versatililty is another reason i like him most outta top lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Zack Martins versatililty is another reason i like him most outta top lineman.
    You like him over Lewan?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    You like him over Lewan?
    Alot more.. Lewan was up and down this past yr. Zack Martin had a impecable season and i must of heard Mayock call him out positvely 20times during the yr, and the bowl game against Rutgers, he was sensational. We could put Pugh or Martin at LT, Boothe at G or C, Beatty at RT, and either Pugh or Martin at the other G spot. EIther bring in another C from FA'y or draft one, or put Boothe at C fulltime and draft a G or start Mosley there.

Pugh Mosley Boothe Martin Beatty- This would be a interesting line to start the yr.

I have no problem if Martin is the guy.. Trading back a few spots would be even better.. I don't see him there after 20ish though..

Pugh Martin baas asomoah(?) beatty

+ Reply to Thread