+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blake Bortles: QB UCF

Blake Bortles: QB UCF

Whats up with this kid? You guys think he will be any good? Or just another Blane Gabbert type QB, all the measurables that boost his stock, then he flops. I just dont know why he is ranked so high now. Saw him as the #1 overall pick in some mocks, and the #1 QB in others.

I just dont get the hype on him, like I didnt on Ponder or Gabbert.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

If you look at the mocks he will be gone in first 7/8 picks in pretty much all of them. He had a great season. Did you see him in his bowl game?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    He's a different player than those guys. He makes big plays in big games and/or big times. Every game this season if we were in it at the end we expected to win the game because we know Blake would come alive. He has that 4th quarter magic. (We're alums from same Hs and college)

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    He's a different player than those guys. He makes big plays in big games and/or big times. Every game this season if we were in it at the end we expected to win the game because we know Blake would come alive. He has that 4th quarter magic. (We're alums from same Hs and college)
    no bias there... lol.

I guess. I just find it weird that when Mariota and Hundley were in the mix, they were being projected above this guy, along with Bridgewater and Manziel. Now he seems to be a lot of peoples favorites. What happened in the past month or so?

I'm not really sure why he is getting Gabbert comparisons, besides the fact that he is being mocked to the Jags a lot. Gabbert was a bad QB in a bad QB draft, and a lot of people knew it. I honestly don't really think he was THAT overhyped. I never thought he had the arm strength or decision making to be good in the NFL. Bortles can be good I think. I think he has all of the tools. However, I do think he should sit a year or two in the NFL to gain experience because I think he does need to improve his decision making a little.

future Jaguar..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    future Jaguar..
    I see the Jags going Manziel before Bortles to be honest. Obviously they would love Bridgewater. It could be possible that they go Clowney in the 1st, and maybe Carr or Mettenberger or Murray later in the draft. Jags have a DC minded HC, and he wants to stack the D. Or they will just ride one more bad year with Henne / Gabbert and go Mariota or Winston next year which sounds a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I see the Jags going Manziel before Bortles to be honest. Obviously they would love Bridgewater. It could be possible that they go Clowney in the 1st, and maybe Carr or Mettenberger or Murray later in the draft. Jags have a DC minded HC, and he wants to stack the D. Or they will just ride one more bad year with Henne / Gabbert and go Mariota or Winston next year which sounds a lot better.
    still have a long process.. I wouldn't be shocked if Bortles goes before Bridgewater.. and Houston should take Clowney

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    still have a long process.. I wouldn't be shocked if Bortles goes before Bridgewater.. and Houston should take Clowney
    Not a huge huge Clowney fan, because of how he played off this past year, but pairing him with Watt would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Not a huge huge Clowney fan, because of how he played off this past year, but pairing him with Watt would be pretty cool.
    Clowney played not to get hurt..

+ Reply to Thread