+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Blake Bortles: QB UCF

  1. #11
    I like Bortles. More importantly the NFL scouts like him too. Go on over to Walterfootball and check out the rumor section. There are numberous reports (1 was not a rumor but a NFL network report) that scouts have not been overly impressed with any of the QBs at the senior bowl and that despite not being there, a majority of the discussion has revolved around Bortles.

    Some team will take a chance on Bortles very early in the draft.

    Here are some of the things I like:

    The part of his game that amazes me the most. He doesn't throw at 1 velocity. He uses touch passes when they are needed and he uses bullets when they are needed. This is something he does better right now than many current NFL QBs.

    His natural inclination when he feels pressure is to step up into the pocket rather than float back or go laterally. This seems simple, but it is important in the NFL.

    He doesn't stare down recievers and will actually look guys off. This is something you don't see a lot of guys coming out of college do well.


    His ball placement is excellent. He does the little things in this regard like put the ball on the opposite side of the receiver from the defender.

    Most importantly he played well in big games.


    I know most don't agree with me but if I am a top 3 team and I need a QB, I do not necessarily automatically take Bridgewater. I think Bortles requires some serious consideration.


    He definitely is a better prospect than Gabbert, who I never liked as a 1st rounder. He was a perfect example of teams falling in love with a guys arm, rather than actually looking at the small things like ball placement and tendencies under pressure/ passrush.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    He's a different player than those guys. He makes big plays in big games and/or big times. Every game this season if we were in it at the end we expected to win the game because we know Blake would come alive. He has that 4th quarter magic. (We're alums from same Hs and college)
    Blake seems like a NYG type QB... One we could take and mold into another SB type QB like we did with Simms & Hoss and now Eli. No way we can get him though as we won't come close or drafting a QB this season. They are going to want to see what coach Mac can do with Eli and Nassib forts and besides to many holes in other area namely OL WR DE DT LB RB etc lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  3. #13
    I believe depending on the type game he has in Senior bowl that the giants may go after garoppalo. If he drops far enough you never know
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  4. #14
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I believe depending on the type game he has in Senior bowl that the giants may go after garoppalo. If he drops far enough you never know
    I could see him going in the 2nd round to be honest. He is making a name for himself for sure now.

    I also hear Carr is shining right now at the senior bowl practices. I heard Mayock say he has the best of all the QBs so far, really saying it wasnt even close.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    no bias there... lol.

    I guess. I just find it weird that when Mariota and Hundley were in the mix, they were being projected above this guy, along with Bridgewater and Manziel. Now he seems to be a lot of peoples favorites. What happened in the past month or so?
    college football season ended??? lol pretty much final game auditions were over and people like what he did this year

  6. #16
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    college football season ended??? lol pretty much final game auditions were over and people like what he did this year
    Seems like just recently though. I guess that final game leaves a lasting impression in peoples minds, but you do have 3 years of tape. It just reminded me of how Gabbert shot up the board out of the blue.

    Personally, I think I like Bridgewater better. Maybe even Tajh Boyd, who slipped to the 3rd for some reason.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Seems like just recently though. I guess that final game leaves a lasting impression in peoples minds, but you do have 3 years of tape. It just reminded me of how Gabbert shot up the board out of the blue.

    Personally, I think I like Bridgewater better. Maybe even Tajh Boyd, who slipped to the 3rd for some reason.
    I think Gabbert and Bortles are completley different QB's, I never understood the hype about Gabbert, not saying that Bortles is head and shoudlers better but I think Bortles is a more prototypical Pro QB with the offense they run at UCF, Gabbert looked good in the spread cause he was just a system QB. I could be wrong, just my take.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I could see him going in the 2nd round to be honest. He is making a name for himself for sure now.

    I also hear Carr is shining right now at the senior bowl practices. I heard Mayock say he has the best of all the QBs so far, really saying it wasnt even close.
    He did say that and most have agreed. However, keep in mind NFL network has also reported that many NFL scouts have not been impressed with the QBs at the senior bowl at all. So he is the best of a bad group.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    He did say that and most have agreed. However, keep in mind NFL network has also reported that many NFL scouts have not been impressed with the QBs at the senior bowl at all. So he is the best of a bad group.
    Hmm surprising.. Carr and Blake have been rated high all season and did well in their bowl games. Hard to imagine that determination would be made off a few senior bowl practices
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Hmm surprising.. Carr and Blake have been rated high all season and did well in their bowl games. Hard to imagine that determination would be made off a few senior bowl practices
    I think I may have worded that incorrectly, or perhaps you misunderstand what I'm saying.


    The scouts at the senior bowl have not been impressed AT the senior bowl. I am not referring to their play before that or gametape..


    Even still though, I think Bortles is a better prospect than anyone at the senior bowl, at least right now.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts