+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The good news is...this draft is LOADED with talent, in the first round at least.

Let's wait until FA first. We will have a decent amount of money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant303 View Post
    going by that bleacher report where they have Barr falling to the Giants at 12..i don't think thats going to happen but...

1st Rd-Wr Evans
    2nd Rd-Kyle Van Noy(OLB)/Cyril Richardson (G)
    3rd-Gabe Jackson(G)/Aaron Colvin (CB)
    4th-Arthur Lynch(TE)/Taylor Hart(DE)
    5th-Stanley Jean-Baptiste(CB)/Jeremy Hill(RB)
    6th-James Wilder Jr(RB)/Andrew Jackson(OLB)

again based this list off of BR mock draft..i would be thrilled if it played out this way. adds a ton of playmakers and infusing young talent. Wilder Jr isn't a burner so he's going to be low on ppl's list but turn on the film and this kid has patience great balance and tough to bring down. Baptiste is a 6'3 corner who could turn out to be a steal.
    Evans
    Van Noy
    Gabe Jackson
    Lynch
    Hill
    Andrew Jackson
    Last edited by Carter.525; 01-23-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Evans is a game changer... If we landed him in the first, I couldn't complain. I personally want us to go after Mosley though. We need a difference maker on defense in a bad way. Would also be happy with OT Robinson out of Auburn although 12 may be a bit high for him. I think Steen and Jackson are monster OGs that we could get in the 2nd or 3rd. If we go Mosley in the first I think we could also still land a great receiver in the 2nd, like Beckham or Landry out of LSU, MAYBE Jordan Matthews is still around... or I think Kevin Norwood out of Alabama could be a solid get in a later round. I think he'd be a Manningham type of player for us. Dude catches just about everything. I mean, check out this catch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNneHzV5p8
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 01-23-2014 at 06:32 PM.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

I disagree. I think from pick 11-12ish right through the 2nd rd, there isn't clear cut better players. I see Barr, Clowney, Watkins , and Mathews probably as the true top tier players that aren't QB's, and they should all be gone.. Not saying we wont get a stud because this draft is insanely deep, but on paper, the true franchise changing players are probably just outta are reach, unless someone who is supposed to be good ends up being a great.

My realistic top 5big board right now is like this....

1).CJ Mosley(it was Evans, but now that so many good WR's are out there, i feel that WR class is deeper then LB class, so i'll take Mosley in RD1)
    2).Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
    3).Mike Evans WR Texas A&M-(still isn't falling far down my list, as i love this guy! Exactly what we need in our WR core)
    4).Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech-(this kids the real deal, and screams Eli fave!)
    5).Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh-(he's gonna continue to rise up boards, and could end up as my number1 by draft day)

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    My realistic top 5big board right now is like this....

1).CJ Mosley(it was Evans, but now that so many good WR's are out there, i feel that WR class is deeper then LB class, so i'll take Mosley in RD1)
    2).Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
    3).Mike Evans WR Texas A&M-(still isn't falling far down my list, as i love this guy! Exactly what we need in our WR core)
    4).Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech-(this kids the real deal, and screams Eli fave!)
    5).Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh-(he's gonna continue to rise up boards, and could end up as my number1 by draft day)
    I like that board. I didn't have Mack in mine because I think he will be gone by the time we pick but I had Dennard, Mosley, Evans, Ebron, Martin in mine. I am on the fringe b/t Ebron and Amaro... I have seen more of Ebron so I might be a tad biased but I will have to check out more of Amaro.

Donald could skyrocket at the combine. I feel like he could throw up some stupid numbers for a DT. I feel like Will Sutton will help himself out there as well. He and Donald have extremely quick first steps. Probably the 2 quickest out of the DT's IMO

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I disagree. I think from pick 11-12ish right through the 2nd rd, there isn't clear cut better players. I see Barr, Clowney, Watkins , and Mathews probably as the true top tier players that aren't QB's, and they should all be gone.. Not saying we wont get a stud because this draft is insanely deep, but on paper, the true franchise changing players are probably just outta are reach, unless someone who is supposed to be good ends up being a great.
    You are prolly right, but I don't think the definition of a successful 1st round draft is how many " franchise changing players" there are. The teams who do well are the teams who get reliable NFL starters out of the 1st round with an occasional star.

I see a lot of solid NFL starters in this 1st round this year and quite a few guys with star potential.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I like that board. I didn't have Mack in mine because I think he will be gone by the time we pick but I had Dennard, Mosley, Evans, Ebron, Martin in mine. I am on the fringe b/t Ebron and Amaro... I have seen more of Ebron so I might be a tad biased but I will have to check out more of Amaro.

Donald could skyrocket at the combine. I feel like he could throw up some stupid numbers for a DT. I feel like Will Sutton will help himself out there as well. He and Donald have extremely quick first steps. Probably the 2 quickest out of the DT's IMO
    Ya, i think Donalds gonna smash the Bench and put his size issue to rest also.. I pretty much agree with you about Mack being there.. I guess i could see it, even if only a small pct chance, so i threw em in there. If i take Mack out, i'd probably put Dennard/Gilbert as a tie in one of the spots..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You are prolly right, but I don't think the definition of a successful 1st round draft is how many " franchise changing players" there are. The teams who do well are the teams who get reliable NFL starters out of the 1st round with an occasional star.

I see a lot of solid NFL starters in this 1st round this year and quite a few guys with star potential.
    Oh, i totally agree. Were definetly in line for a good player, but i am just saying, on paper , by winning those last couple meaningless games, we kinda fell outta the tippity top of the tier of player available is all. Sure, we could get a really good player, but on paper, so can the packers and Saints for that matter. Its really hard to put any player that is currently available at Pick 12 in mocks against a player perdicted to go in the Late 20's for instance, and say, "hes clearly beter". Again, all this can change, i'm just talking about on paper.

Ya, i think Donalds gonna smash the Bench and put his size issue to rest also.. I pretty much agree with you about Mack being there.. I guess i could see it, even if only a small pct chance, so i threw em in there. If i take Mack out, i'd probably put Dennard/Gilbert as a tie in one of the spots..
    Yeah Donald is super explosive. I expect him to do well in the Bench. I also think that he could really do well in the broad jump and vertical because of his explosiveness. I think if he runs one of the fastest times for a DT people wouldn't be that surprised because of his "lack of size" but the other categories he could shock some people.... especially the bench press

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

+ Reply to Thread