+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    My problem with your idea, which is a good 1 , is that I have a hard time picking offensive guys I like because I have no idea how we will use them with the new OC.

For example I like Ebron a ton, as a prospect. However, I would never have wanted us to draft him if KG was still our OC. However, an offense like the 1 that Saints run I would be terrified of the dmg he could do.

Since I have no idea how we will use guys and which guys will fit, its hard for me think offensive guys.

I like matching system with player.
    I took the draft equation out and just picked guys I liked to watch play. Now that I think about it, it's not necessarily a wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'll play but I'll do 10 instead (off the top of my head). These are the guys I think are a lot of fun to watch play.

1. Teddy Bridgewater
    2. Sammy Watkins
    2. Justin Gilbert
    3. Paul Richardson
    4. Carlos Hyde
    5. Odell Beckham Jr.
    6. Darqueze Dennard
    7. Michael Sam
    8. Marqise Lee
    9. Johnny Manziel
    10. Dri Archer
    Nice!!! I love Watkins, and really like Gilbert,Richardson,Hyde, Dennard, Lee, and Sam.. Not a huge Beckham fan, as theres just something about LSU WR's for the most part, they don't seem to transiton to nicely to the NFL. Alot of em just seem built for the system at LSU, i assume? I know its lame excuse, but i said this when we drafted Rueben Randle, and hes been solid but again, not consistent. A good 2nd/3rd WR.. I like Johnny and Dri, but just not on top of my list..

Mine would go like this
    1). Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh
    2). Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
    3). Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo- God, i love this kids passion that plays out on the field.
    4). Eric Ebron/Jace Amaro- Tied. Can't pick just one.
    5). Deone Bucannon S Washington St- Big and strong but also a ballhawk. Can lay the wood and make plays on the ball. Love em!
    6). Trent Murphy DE Stanford- Maybe not the best, but a ton of fun to watch. Long and lean, tough and racks up sacks.
    7). Anthony Barr OLB Ucla
    8). Stephon Tuitt DT/DE Notre Dame- When this guys on, he takes games over.
    9). Mike Evans WR Tex A&M
    10). Scott Crichton

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Were very similar in our choices.. I really like Justin Gilbert myself. I feel he and Dennard are very hard to seperate. In the 7rd draft i'm doing, i actually have the LIons taking Gilbert and teh Bills taking Dennard in the 1st..
    Gilbert is bigger and brings returning kicks to the table as well. I was on the Gilbert bandwagon really until I went to the Michigan St vs Nebraska game and saw Dennard live and really liked how he played. Both are gonna be solid CB'S I think. Dennard just has the physicality at the CB position that I love to see

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I'll play but I'll do 10 instead (off the top of my head). These are the guys I think are a lot of fun to watch play.

1. Teddy Bridgewater
    2. Sammy Watkins
    2. Justin Gilbert
    3. Paul Richardson
    4. Carlos Hyde
    5. Odell Beckham Jr.
    6. Darqueze Dennard
    7. Michael Sam
    8. Marqise Lee
    9. Johnny Manziel
    10. Dri Archer
    Nice! You got my boy P -Rich at #3! He is really fun to watch I agree 100%

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Nice!!! I love Watkins, and really like Gilbert,Richardson,Hyde, Dennard, Lee, and Sam.. Not a huge Beckham fan, as theres just something about LSU WR's for the most part, they don't seem to transiton to nicely to the NFL. Alot of em just seem built for the system at LSU, i assume? I know its lame excuse, but i said this when we drafted Rueben Randle, and hes been solid but again, not consistent. A good 2nd/3rd WR.. I like Johnny and Dri, but just not on top of my list..

Mine would go like this
    1). Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh
    2). Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
    3). Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo- God, i love this kids passion that plays out on the field.
    4). Eric Ebron/Jace Amaro- Tied. Can't pick just one.
    5). Deone Bucannon S Washington St- Big and strong but also a ballhawk. Can lay the wood and make plays on the ball. Love em!
    6). Trent Murphy DE Stanford- Maybe not the best, but a ton of fun to watch. Long and lean, tough and racks up sacks.
    7). Anthony Barr OLB Ucla
    8). Stephon Tuitt DT/DE Notre Dame- When this guys on, he takes games over.
    9). Mike Evans WR Tex A&M
    10). Scott Crichton
    Thanks and nice list also. I like most those guys too. In-fact, I'm watching some tape on Crichton right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Nice! You got my boy P -Rich at #3! He is really fun to watch I agree 100%
    Yep, really looking forward to seeing how he tests. He's become somewhat underrated by a few analysts in mocks but I expect that to change in the next couple of months.

Thanks and nice list also. I like most those guys too. In-fact, I'm watching some tape on Crichton right now.

Yep, really looking forward to seeing how he tests. He's become somewhat underrated by a few analysts in mocks but I expect that to change in the next couple of months.
    Ya, i think the thing about P.Rich that turns off scouts is there scared how his slight build will hold up against bigger stronger NFL DB's, and then they ask themselves, will he have the same speed and explosion if he packs on the weight? Thats where i think the questions are in Richardsons game. Still, i like em alot, and we do need a vertical threat in a bad way, just pointing out why i think his stocks not quite in line with his production.

A lot of people aren't naming them, but I think Hageman and Clinton-Dix are strong candidates if I had to choreograph the front office. I don't think the best WRs will be available by 10, and picking a guard at 12 is still asinine imo. With exception of nose tackle, I think they can pick any position on defense for the draft.

Giants do need a 3T, and I would imagine they'd love Hageman's measurables. Safety is seemingly low on the totem pole upon first sight, but you never know with Will Hill being a moron, Brown coming off ACL surgery and Rolle entering a contract year at the age of 32.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    A lot of people aren't naming them, but I think Hageman and Clinton-Dix are strong candidates if I had to choreograph the front office. I don't think the best WRs will be available by 10, and picking a guard at 12 is still asinine imo. With exception of nose tackle, I think they can pick any position on defense for the draft.

Giants do need a 3T, and I would imagine they'd love Hageman's measurables. Safety is seemingly low on the totem pole upon first sight, but you never know with Will Hill being a moron, Brown coming off ACL surgery and Rolle entering a contract year at the age of 32.
    I honestly think Clinton-Dix is insanely overrated. You go watch Deone Bucannon play or even Dion Bailey for that matter, and they are both way more complete players then Clinton Dix is. I don't even understand why Clinton Dix is guranteed 1st rder? Don't get me wrong, if ur talking Clinton Dix in late 2nd/3rd rd, im all aboard, but not top 15, where most have him going. He dissapears to often and dosen't make enough plays on the ball in my opinion.

Ya, i think the thing about P.Rich that turns off scouts is there scared how his slight build will hold up against bigger stronger NFL DB's, and then they ask themselves, will he have the same speed and explosion if he packs on the weight? Thats where i think the questions are in Richardsons game. Still, i like em alot, and we do need a vertical threat in a bad way, just pointing out why i think his stocks not quite in line with his production.
    Definitely understand where your coming from. I've read a lot of people having those concerns too. Personally, I don't think it's that much to worry about. A lot of people used those things against guys like AJ Green, Desean Jackson, etc.. before also. I don't see it being much of an issue especially with all the strength and conditioning they have for today's athletes. I'm actually expecting him to come the combine a little heavier (like most do) and still be in top notch condition.

I actually think Dix is one of the few Bama players on defense that isn't overrated. They were really deficient at cornerback this year in which you can see a vast difference in his coverage this year from last. He can really be an arrow to the ball, even against the run.

+ Reply to Thread