+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Top 5 Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Can someone breakdown their love affair with Gilbert? I don't understand the hype.
    Sure. Hes a big, physical CB with speed, doubles as a outstanding return man, has long arms, athletic.. With his jumping ability and length, makes it very hard to put one over the top of em as he can get his hands on balls smaller, less athletic corners can't.. He consistently shut down WRs in man coverege. Theres alot of positives to his game.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    Yes - I'm leaning towards Gilbert at #12.

Keep hoping we fix guard/center & RB in free agency.

Then adding Gilbert opposite Prince at #12 would really give us a great looking secondary with Gilbert/Prince/Hosley & Rolle/Hill/Brown.

In Gilbert/Prince/Hill we could have 3 young dynamic/impact secondary players.

Then maybe at #44 -- you could grab a TE who fits the new system and provides Eli with someone to work the middle of the field & red-zone with size. Hopefully either the Texas Tech (Amaro) or the U-Washington (Sepherin-Jenkins) kids fall and are available at #44. Not sure how highly folks think of the N-Dame TE.

Then in 3rd and 4th you address RB (again) and LB/OL depth.
    Sounds like a solid enough plan to me. I think theres a few diffrent ways to attack the offseason and i woulden't be against this idea at all..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Sure. Hes a big, physical CB with speed, doubles as a outstanding return man, has long arms, athletic.. With his jumping ability and length, makes it very hard to put one over the top of em as he can get his hands on balls smaller, less athletic corners can't.. He consistently shut down WRs in man coverege. Theres alot of positives to his game.
    I don't see much physicality from him. It seems to me that he plays off man most of the time and IMO is far from shut down. However, he does have the size and raw athleticisim, but I'm not sure how he will run at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    I don't see much physicality from him. It seems to me that he plays off man most of the time and IMO is far from shut down. However, he does have the size and raw athleticisim, but I'm not sure how he will run at the combine.
    He is very physical. Hes gonna run fine at the combine. I'd say a 4.50 or 4.48, somewhere in that range. He disengages off blocks well because of his size/strength. Hes also very instinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He is very physical. Hes gonna run fine at the combine. I'd say a 4.50 or 4.48, somewhere in that range. He disengages off blocks well because of his size/strength. Hes also very instinctive.
    I've watched about 6 game highlights of Gilbert -- that's all I've got to base my opinion on.

What I like the most about him is his overall athleticism --- size, speed, hands and vision as a runner with the ball in his hands.

I particularly like that he is very aggressive on short crossing patterns and also that he seems to have an extra gear and rarely gets beat deep.

I do wonder if he likes to tackle -- didn't see much tackling from him and per one scouting summary I saw on him he does seem to tackle too high sometimes (at the pads) rather than the knees/thighs.

Also saw him play-up and play-off coverage and he seemed fine in both positions.

He's a top 15 (some top 11) on most boards/mocks I've seen --- most have him rated about Dennard and I think it's the overall athleticism that separates them (from what I've seen).

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    I've watched about 6 game highlights of Gilbert -- that's all I've got to base my opinion on.

What I like the most about him is his overall athleticism --- size, speed, hands and vision as a runner with the ball in his hands.

I particularly like that he is very aggressive on short crossing patterns and also that he seems to have an extra gear and rarely gets beat deep.

I do wonder if he likes to tackle -- didn't see much tackling from him and per one scouting summary I saw on him he does seem to tackle too high sometimes (at the pads) rather than the knees/thighs.

Also saw him play-up and play-off coverage and he seemed fine in both positions.

He's a top 15 (some top 11) on most boards/mocks I've seen --- most have him rated about Dennard and I think it's the overall athleticism that separates them (from what I've seen).
    Hes built for Man in the NFL. At that size, with those long arms and athletic ability, and overall physicality , hes gonna be able to stick with just about any WR in the league. I see him as a poor mans Patrick Peterson personally.

+ Reply to Thread