+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I think Evans is also gone prior to 12. Not sure we'd take a TE in first round.. But never know. We'd have to see happens in FA first the. Get better gauge on what needs are. If we don't pick up a WR in FA to replace nicks I think we take one but not in first round. Lots of guys will fall to us in 2/3 round.. Landry of LSU is a name that comes to mind
    Yeah I don't want to take a first round WR unless Watkins is there but if Evans is the BPA because guys like Dennard, Mosley, Mack, etc are gone I guess I wouldn't mind the pick but I would be a bit disappointed because of the depth. I mean I would be very happy getting someone like Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Paul Richardson, Odell Beckum Jr, and Jarvis Landry in the 2-3 round range. There are probably more that I like but can't think of them right now. I am in class so I am not going to look at the prospect rankings to see if I missed anyone. WR is crazy deep this year! Brandon Coleman who was a potential first rounder at the beginning of the year is ranked like the 20th best WR in the draft class on CBS sports. That is crazy I think...

EDIT: Allen Robinson was one I was missing but he very well could be a first rounder with a solid combine

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I'll add Ealy and Donald to my list..

I am going to change my list up a little bit...

1) Darqueze Dennard (Scared he will be taken by Detroit at 10 though..)
    2) C.J Mosley
    3) Aaron Donald
    4) Justin Gilbert
    5) Zach Martin (I really don't like a guard pick this early but if they feel like he can step in right away and help the team then I guess I would accept that..)

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Makin Plays View Post
    Who is your top 5 for the first round? I'm assuming Clowney's off the board and we're not looking QB.

Based on the player profiles at http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft I'm gonna go with:

1. Sammy Watkins WR
    2. jake Mathews OT
    3. Anthony Barr OLB
    4. Greg Robinson OT
    5. Khalil Mack OLB

Would also love to get Darqueze Dennard CB, or Jace Amaro TE. What are your thoughts?
    Going by your list, I'd say....

Clowney
    Watkins
    Matthews
    Barr
    Teddy

We should do a thread where we pick our 5fave players in this draft, rather then the big board. Because you can have a fave player whos perdicted to go in RD4 .. Most would have diffrent lists, itd be cool to see..

But just top 5 first rd hopefuls, trying to be realist, i'd go

CJ Mosley
    Khalil Mack
    Mike Evans
    Aaron Donald- I'll probably have him number 1 after he kills the combine.
    Jace Amaro

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I am going to change my list up a little bit...

1) Darqueze Dennard (Scared he will be taken by Detroit at 10 though..)
    2) C.J Mosley
    3) Aaron Donald
    4) Justin Gilbert
    5) Zach Martin (I really don't like a guard pick this early but if they feel like he can step in right away and help the team then I guess I would accept that..)
    Were very similar in our choices.. I really like Justin Gilbert myself. I feel he and Dennard are very hard to seperate. In the 7rd draft i'm doing, i actually have the LIons taking Gilbert and teh Bills taking Dennard in the 1st..

1 Watkins a true offensive weapon. Could be great w new gameplan
    2 Dennard. Really could change the defense w physical play
    3 Lewan mean streak Beatty in 15 cut. great bookend young tackles
    4 Mosely love to see a dominant line backing core
    5 Mack. See Mosely

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
    1 Watkins a true offensive weapon. Could be great w new gameplan
    2 Dennard. Really could change the defense w physical play
    3 Lewan mean streak Beatty in 15 cut. great bookend young tackles
    4 Mosely love to see a dominant line backing core
    5 Mack. See Mosely
    I'd be shocked and estatic if Sammy Watkins makes it to us. He has game changling speed and shiftiness, and can beat you deep and you can run a ton of things around the line of scrimmage and just beyond that turn into huge gains. Hes a all around playmaker. I just can't see him getting past Det, and thats the furthest i see him going. I think Oakland and Tampa will be in on him as well..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    We should do a thread where we pick our 5fave players in this draft, rather then the big board. Because you can have a fave player whos perdicted to go in RD4 .. Most would have diffrent lists, itd be cool to see..
    I'll play but I'll do 10 instead (off the top of my head). These are the guys I think are a lot of fun to watch play.

1. Teddy Bridgewater
    2. Sammy Watkins
    2. Justin Gilbert
    3. Paul Richardson
    4. Carlos Hyde
    5. Odell Beckham Jr.
    6. Darqueze Dennard
    7. Michael Sam
    8. Marqise Lee
    9. Johnny Manziel
    10. Dri Archer

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    We should do a thread where we pick our 5fave players in this draft,
    My problem with your idea, which is a good 1 , is that I have a hard time picking offensive guys I like because I have no idea how we will use them with the new OC.

For example I like Ebron a ton, as a prospect. However, I would never have wanted us to draft him if KG was still our OC. However, an offense like the 1 that Saints run I would be terrified of the dmg he could do.

Since I have no idea how we will use guys and which guys will fit, its hard for me think offensive guys.

I like matching system with player.