+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    A lot of people aren't naming them, but I think Hageman and Clinton-Dix are strong candidates if I had to choreograph the front office. I don't think the best WRs will be available by 10, and picking a guard at 12 is still asinine imo. With exception of nose tackle, I think they can pick any position on defense for the draft.

Giants do need a 3T, and I would imagine they'd love Hageman's measurables. Safety is seemingly low on the totem pole upon first sight, but you never know with Will Hill being a moron, Brown coming off ACL surgery and Rolle entering a contract year at the age of 32.
    I agree. I've been saying the same about Hageman to the Giants. I think it all depends though on whether Joseph is re-signed though.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I agree. I've been saying the same about Hageman to the Giants. I think it all depends though on whether Joseph is re-signed though.
    Even if Joseph is re-signed, I don't think it changes anything. Giants could use a passrush, but that can also come from the interior which Joseph isn't really known for. If the Giants think they can get pressure with Hageman with all the early edge rushers gone, I think they can lean toward Hageman or any other DT in this class which looks deep whether Joseph is re-signed or not.

Even if Joseph is re-signed, I don't think it changes anything. Giants could use a passrush, but that can also come from the interior which Joseph isn't really known for. If the Giants think they can get pressure with Hageman with all the early edge rushers gone, I think they can lean toward Hageman or any other DT in this class which looks deep whether Joseph is re-signed or not.
    I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it. I just think if they did invest in Joseph, they're committing to him and they already committed to Jenkins for 3/yrs to go along with Hankins and Kuhn who they're high on from the last two drafts. I just don't know if they'd go the DT route after that with all the other needs they have.

IMO, if Joseph walks, I think RaShede will be heavy on their radar. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Gilbert is bigger and brings returning kicks to the table as well. I was on the Gilbert bandwagon really until I went to the Michigan St vs Nebraska game and saw Dennard live and really liked how he played. Both are gonna be solid CB'S I think. Dennard just has the physicality at the CB position that I love to see

Doesn't Dennard's overall size/athleticism scare you a bit though?

He doesn't come off as an elite athlete to me and if I'm picking a corner at #12 -- I want an elite athlete that will hold up both strength/speed wise to the NFL.

Also feel like Dennard does a lot of bumping/holding after 5 yeards that will get called in NFL.

Thoughts?

I'm just basing my opinion on highlights of both players -- didn't see them live.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post

He doesn't come off as an elite athlete to me and if I'm picking a corner at #12 -- I want an elite athlete that will hold up both strength/speed wise to the NFL.

Also feel like Dennard does a lot of bumping/holding after 5 yeards that will get called in NFL.

Thoughts?

I'm just basing my opinion on highlights of both players -- didn't see them live.
    Dennard is one guy who is very solid all around. The only knock I had on him early on was he was too handsy at times and would get flagged a lot in the league if he didn't fix it. He ended up fixing it a lot I think. He is a great tackler and will compete with the WR even if it appears the WR has the ball he will fight until the end and try and jar it loose for an incompletion. He is just really physical for a CB. He appears to be very confident in himself as well

Gilbert is flashier IMO. He will look a lot better in a highlight I bet because he makes big plays returning the ball as well as coming up with INT's and making something happen when he picks it off. He is bigger height wise for sure. I am not sure off the top of my head how the compare in the other measurables.

Both are very nice prospects I think and would be happy with either guy

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Definitely understand where your coming from. I've read a lot of people having those concerns too. Personally, I don't think it's that much to worry about. A lot of people used those things against guys like AJ Green, Desean Jackson, etc.. before also. I don't see it being much of an issue especially with all the strength and conditioning they have for today's athletes. I'm actually expecting him to come the combine a little heavier (like most do) and still be in top notch condition.
    DeSean Jackson is very one dimensional though and is almost known as a wuss that won't go over the middle and has alligator arms when he thinks hes gonna get pounded. AJ Green is what 6ft 2in 210lbs? So i don't see him in the same category. But either way, thats why DJax didn't go in RD1, and he was at better program and had Jerry Rice working with him leading up to the draft and it was known publicly. So i guess i can see why Richardson is in the 2nd/3rd range and not 1st.. But i def like the fit with us and am more then willing to take a chance. Hes made some phenomanal catches as well, not always just beating his man deep and making easy grabs...

I actually think Dix is one of the few Bama players on defense that isn't overrated. They were really deficient at cornerback this year in which you can see a vast difference in his coverage this year from last. He can really be an arrow to the ball, even against the run.
    They neede Clinton Dix to step up and he didn't. They were shredded by some no name for Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl and had the worst pass defense i think they've had in some time. They were really hurt by the loss of Vinnie Sunseri, who i think simply held that Secondary together more so then Clinton Dix. Clinton Dix had his chance to shine this yr with all the injuries to Bamas secondary and he didn't do much. He had zero double digit tackle games, and had a mere 2picks.. I'm not saying he sucks, just way overrated as far as top 15 player.. I could name 40players off teh top of my head i'd take ahead of him..

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post

Thoughts?

A lot of people said the same thing about Prince with the grabbing and holding

my new top 5:

Mack.. I think there's a chance
    Evans
    Mosley
    Martin
    Gilbert
    Last edited by Carter.525; 01-27-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Dennard is one guy who is very solid all around. The only knock I had on him early on was he was too handsy at times and would get flagged a lot in the league if he didn't fix it. He ended up fixing it a lot I think. He is a great tackler and will compete with the WR even if it appears the WR has the ball he will fight until the end and try and jar it loose for an incompletion. He is just really physical for a CB. He appears to be very confident in himself as well

Gilbert is flashier IMO. He will look a lot better in a highlight I bet because he makes big plays returning the ball as well as coming up with INT's and making something happen when he picks it off. He is bigger height wise for sure. I am not sure off the top of my head how the compare in the other measurables.

Both are very nice prospects I think and would be happy with either guy
    Just watched a few game highlights Redeye posted on Gilbert -- he's definitely flashy.

He does NOT seem to like to tackle - he does tackle but it really doesn't stand out.

I will say -- he looks very at ease covering the go route & or long ball --- he also looks very solid/aggressive in staying with recievers on short crossing routes --- one of our issues as a defense. He's a dynamic athlete -- when he gets his hands on the ball he's thinking one thing (end zone).

I'm liking the idea of corner more and more in the 1st --- hopefully we get enough done in free agency that we can be bolster the defense early in the draft.