Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    my new top 5:

Mack.. I think there's a chance
    Evans
    Mosley
    Martin
    Gilbert
    With you on Mack and Gilbert.

Evans - I don't see a HUGE need for a WR even if we lose Nicks --- I think we will spread the wealth more next year with backs/TE/slot getting more throws
    Mosley - he scares me as much as any top of the draft player (while I'd love a great LB -- I wonder will/can he be that guy)
    Martin - watched all the senior bowl stuff (he was very solid) but I do worry he's getting an artificial lift from SB against mostly inferior talent. Would absolutely love him at #44 (but that ain't happening) but at #12 I think there will be a few STUD sure fire OT's sitting there if we go OT (OG).

In place of the 3 above -- depening on free agent doings --- I might go with Lewan/Ebron/Jernigan or in order Mack/Gilbert/Lewan/Ebron/Jernigan -- want to put Robinson here but seems like he is a goner

I like the idea of either Evans or Ebron.. both are big playmakers that are mismatch problems

as far as Robinson, he'll be long gone.. and if it's a DT at #12.. I hope it's Donald
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Troy Niklas, TE Notre Dame - (3)Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio State
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

I like the idea of either Evans or Ebron.. both are big playmakers that are mismatch problems

as far as Robinson, he'll be long gone.. and if it's a DT at #12.. I hope it's Donald
    Donald was great during Senior Bowl week but was pretty much neutralized during the game.

I think he got a big lift going against C-Richardson during practice (Richardson also got lit up in the game by the South defense).

During the game Donald was mostly going against G-Jackson (G-Miss State) and I thought Jackson got the best of him --- though Donald got the best of him with bull rushes very late in the game on consecutive plays.

His so-so performance in the Senior Bowl made me re-think his value. He was late 1st &/or 2nd round projection coming into SB week.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I agree. I've been saying the same about Hageman to the Giants. I think it all depends though on whether Joseph is re-signed though.
    I agree my friend. Tell my Hageman dosen't scream , Jerry Reese pick??lol Hes got the size that he usually covets, and hes on the Dline, where Reese loves to keep stockpiles of talent, and hes got tremendous upside. Every yr i usually do a thread entitled "players that remind you of Reese/Giant type picks?" .. If i do one this yr, Hageman will definetly be on it. I love that he came into the Sr Bowl at 318 with that 6ft 6in frame. With his athletic ability and that size, and his natural explosion off the snap, he could be a beast in a yr or 2.. I can certainly see the intrigue.. I also like Stephon Tuitt alot, with his versatility and playmaking ability. I've watched Tuitt take over games before(not as much this past yr, but some, and alot the yr before).. Obviously Aaron Donalds my number 1 DT , but those 2 would probably follow him in no specific order. Will Sutton fell way off for me with his down yr and then coming into the Sr Bowl looking sluggish and a bit overweight.. He needs to get his act together..

My top 5 DT's right now

1). Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2). RaShede Hageman DT Minny
    3). Steph Tuitt DT/DE N.Dame
    4). Dominique Easley DT/DE
    5). Kelcy Quarles DT S.Car- I'm a sucker for a penetrating 3tech, and one who can slide outside on run downs.

yea Hageman is a big as the come.. How much did Canty weigh?
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Troy Niklas, TE Notre Dame - (3)Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio State
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    Donald was great during Senior Bowl week but was pretty much neutralized during the game.

I think he got a big lift going against C-Richardson during practice (Richardson also got lit up in the game by the South defense).

During the game Donald was mostly going against G-Jackson (G-Miss State) and I thought Jackson got the best of him --- though Donald got the best of him with bull rushes very late in the game on consecutive plays.

His so-so performance in the Senior Bowl made me re-think his value. He was late 1st &/or 2nd round projection coming into SB week.
    He went up against alot more then Cyril Richardson during the wk. The thing that was impressive was people questioned his strength becasue of his size, and it was just another notch on his belt that he beat down a possible future 1st rd pick , road grading guard that weighs about 340lb.s

Aaron Donald didn't just have a good wk at the Sr Bowl, words i've read from people who were actually there covering the event said things like "phenomenal wk" and "Most impressive player at sr bowl", and he was on every single person who did a list of Stock up after the Sr Bowl wk was completed, and that was after the game. Heres Walts partner CHarlie Campbells take, and he was reporting live every day from there..
    This guy dosent have much to prove, hes all ready dominated like a mad man at a big divison 1 school. The only question is about his size, which jmany were starting to stop question even before the wk began anyhow, and the Sr Bowl wk just furthered those worries.. The guy wins the leverege battle just about every time and has a natural explosion and is extremely instinctive and bull strong. Basically, hes a freak...

Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
    Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald was the most impressive player at the 2014 Senior Bowl. He dominanted practices thoroughout the week by causing havoc behind the line of scrimmage. Donald was phenomenal in the pass-rushing one-on-ones as he constantly beat blockers to get to the quarterback.

Donald has a track record of three year's of production. He was one of the nation's leaders with 11 sacks in 2013 and led the country in tackles for a loss with 28.5. The senior also had 59 tackles with 26.5, two passes batted and four forced fumbles. Donald totaled 64 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, one forced fumble and two passes broken up in 2012. He had a breakout sophomore season with 47 tackles, 16 tackles for a loss and 11 sacks in 2011.

Even though the 6-foot, 288-pounder is on the small side, Donald is very strong for his size and is able to bull rush heavy interior blockers. He absolutely destroyed massive Baylor guard Cyril Richardson on some bull rushes. Donald has natural pad level that he uses to get leverage. He has played himself into first-round consideration.

yea Hageman is a big as the come.. How much did Canty weigh?
    I think Canty was similar size(ht and wt), but not nearly as athletic or explosive as Hageman.

I am gonna hold off until I see what the FA plan is. We currently have too many holes to say what I would want. We have money to spend, so hopefully we fill most of our needs in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaxicofan7 View Post
    I am gonna hold off until I see what the FA plan is. We currently have too many holes to say what I would want. We have money to spend, so hopefully we fill most of our needs in FA.
    Yep. Very true. All this talk of prospects could change once FA'cy gets under way.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He went up against alot more then Cyril Richardson during the wk. The thing that was impressive was people questioned his strength becasue of his size, and it was just another notch on his belt that he beat down a possible future 1st rd pick , road grading guard that weighs about 340lb.s

Aaron Donald didn't just have a good wk at the Sr Bowl, words i've read from people who were actually there covering the event said things like "phenomenal wk" and "Most impressive player at sr bowl", and he was on every single person who did a list of Stock up after the Sr Bowl wk was completed, and that was after the game. Heres Walts partner CHarlie Campbells take, and he was reporting live every day from there..
    This guy dosent have much to prove, hes all ready dominated like a mad man at a big divison 1 school. The only question is about his size, which jmany were starting to stop question even before the wk began anyhow, and the Sr Bowl wk just furthered those worries.. The guy wins the leverege battle just about every time and has a natural explosion and is extremely instinctive and bull strong. Basically, hes a freak...

Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
    Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald was the most impressive player at the 2014 Senior Bowl. He dominanted practices thoroughout the week by causing havoc behind the line of scrimmage. Donald was phenomenal in the pass-rushing one-on-ones as he constantly beat blockers to get to the quarterback.

Donald has a track record of three year's of production. He was one of the nation's leaders with 11 sacks in 2013 and led the country in tackles for a loss with 28.5. The senior also had 59 tackles with 26.5, two passes batted and four forced fumbles. Donald totaled 64 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, one forced fumble and two passes broken up in 2012. He had a breakout sophomore season with 47 tackles, 16 tackles for a loss and 11 sacks in 2011.

Even though the 6-foot, 288-pounder is on the small side, Donald is very strong for his size and is able to bull rush heavy interior blockers. He absolutely destroyed massive Baylor guard Cyril Richardson on some bull rushes. Donald has natural pad level that he uses to get leverage. He has played himself into first-round consideration.
    Not arguing with you about Donald's week of practice - I watched every practice and he was dominant (mostly against Richardson - in terms of what NFL network aired) --- he also had a hell of a career. Just saying he did NOT stand out during the Senior Bowl game.

Prior to the SB he wasn't in the first round in Kipers, McShay's or 4 different guys on NFL network mock drafts. I think McShay has subsequently moved him to #25 in his rankings after the SB week.

Very interesting at #44 but at #12 --- that would be a big gamble.