+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: Top 5 Wishlist

  1. #51
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,817
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    Not arguing with you about Donald's week of practice - I watched every practice and he was dominant (mostly against Richardson - in terms of what NFL network aired) --- he also had a hell of a career. Just saying he did NOT stand out during the Senior Bowl game.

    Prior to the SB he wasn't in the first round in Kipers, McShay's or 4 different guys on NFL network mock drafts. I think McShay has subsequently moved him to #25 in his rankings after the SB week.

    Very interesting at #44 but at #12 --- that would be a big gamble.
    The only reason he wasen't all ready in the 1st rd rising at the Sr Bowl was his size, which was hindering em alittle bit despite the strength he showed in game film(scouts and gurus are picky), and then he dismantled the comp all wk at the SR BOWL and answered that question and is now perdicted as a 1st rder(i'm quoted as saying he was gonna be a mid 1st rder by draft day a month or more ago with Donald), and when he kills the combine, specifically the Bench and 40 and drills, his stock gonna gonna fly even higher.. Its clear as day this kids got something special. Hes following his alma mater brethren Aldon Smith into the next echelon of NFL stud defender.. Just watch where this kids stock is by draft day..

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    Not arguing with you about Donald's week of practice - I watched every practice and he was dominant (mostly against Richardson - in terms of what NFL network aired) --- he also had a hell of a career. Just saying he did NOT stand out during the Senior Bowl game.
    He didn't have the numbers that Dee Ford had, but he played phenomenal in the game. He was penetrating very well in the pass and the run game. I believe PFF did a review of the game seeing as there was no NFL this week, I'd check to see what they graded him as, but just because you didn't notice him doesn't mean that he played any less than he did throughout the week.

    And I agree with NYCsportzfan, I think he's going to be a stud. Whatever worry I had about his size has been alleviated after delving deeper into his game film as well as Sr Bowl week, I would have no qualms if Jerry picked him at 12, in fact I think it could prove to be a steal in future years.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The only reason he wasen't all ready in the 1st rd rising at the Sr Bowl was his size, which was hindering em alittle bit despite the strength he showed in game film(scouts and gurus are picky), and then he dismantled the comp all wk at the SR BOWL and answered that question and is now perdicted as a 1st rder(i'm quoted as saying he was gonna be a mid 1st rder by draft day a month or more ago with Donald), and when he kills the combine, specifically the Bench and 40 and drills, his stock gonna gonna fly even higher.. Its clear as day this kids got something special. Hes following his alma mater brethren Aldon Smith into the next echelon of NFL stud defender.. Just watch where this kids stock is by draft day..
    Ok - I liked what I saw at the SB during the week --- he was pretty unblockable. Me myself -- would shy away from his size at that position as a high 1st round pick. I see him as a 25-32 range pick in the 1st round.

  4. #54
    1. Greg Robinson
    2. Justin Gilbert
    3. Mike Evans
    4. Darqueze Dennard
    5. Zack Martin

  5. #55
    1. Greg Robinson
    2. Justin Gilbert
    3. Mike Evans
    4. Darqueze Dennard
    5. Zack Martin

  6. #56
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,817
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    1. Greg Robinson
    2. Justin Gilbert
    3. Mike Evans
    4. Darqueze Dennard
    5. Zack Martin
    Gilbert is right up there with Dennard for me, but hes starting to tip the scale in his direction alittle. Just listening to McShay rave about em and him smoking the other CB's in the Skills competiton and then his interview after(he was really well spoken and seems like a focused young man and very competitive), has him ever so slightly ahead of Dennard(had em tied) for the time being. Hes gonna be a stud!

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Gilbert is right up there with Dennard for me, but hes starting to tip the scale in his direction alittle. Just listening to McShay rave about em and him smoking the other CB's in the Skills competiton and then his interview after(he was really well spoken and seems like a focused young man and very competitive), has him ever so slightly ahead of Dennard(had em tied) for the time being. Hes gonna be a stud!
    Yes - I'm leaning towards Gilbert at #12.

    Keep hoping we fix guard/center & RB in free agency.

    Then adding Gilbert opposite Prince at #12 would really give us a great looking secondary with Gilbert/Prince/Hosley & Rolle/Hill/Brown.

    In Gilbert/Prince/Hill we could have 3 young dynamic/impact secondary players.

    Then maybe at #44 -- you could grab a TE who fits the new system and provides Eli with someone to work the middle of the field & red-zone with size. Hopefully either the Texas Tech (Amaro) or the U-Washington (Sepherin-Jenkins) kids fall and are available at #44. Not sure how highly folks think of the N-Dame TE.

    Then in 3rd and 4th you address RB (again) and LB/OL depth.

  8. #58
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,436
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Gilbert is right up there with Dennard for me, but hes starting to tip the scale in his direction alittle. Just listening to McShay rave about em and him smoking the other CB's in the Skills competiton and then his interview after(he was really well spoken and seems like a focused young man and very competitive), has him ever so slightly ahead of Dennard(had em tied) for the time being. Hes gonna be a stud!
    Preach!

  9. #59
    Veteran Mlerman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Binghamton/L.I., NY
    Posts
    798
    Can someone breakdown their love affair with Gilbert? I don't understand the hype.


  10. #60
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Can someone breakdown their love affair with Gilbert? I don't understand the hype.
    Maybe seeing a highlight like this? I am a big fan of him but I still like Dennard better just because he is a complete CB IMO. Gilbert is more of a play maker but he isn't as physical. Gilbert is taller which also makes him intriguing as well. He can return kicks like crazy also.


    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts