+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Mack or Barr fall to no 12, does JR do it?

If Mack or Barr fall to no 12, does JR do it?

Obviously he hasn't drafted LBers high from going off he previous drafts. I remember the rumor was we were set to take Rolando McClain before Oakland took him (thank god). So that indicates he isn't averse to picking a LB in round 1. But the consensus out there in the media is that he doesn't like picking LB high. Is that true? What is true is that we need talent in the LB corp, no doubt even though we have other holes to fill. With that, I truly wonder if he would take Barr or Mack given the chance! or even CJ Mosley. After the combine, someone might rise or fall though. While we could use a lineman, or. WR or CB at 12, I'd love a sick LB to pair with a resigned Beason next year.

Banned
    Depends on the current board but I doubt it. And since Fewell doesn't know what LBs are for I doubt it would be a good pick either.

They have not really passed on any great LB talent in the first round.

But overall most teams don't place a premium on non pass rushing LBs.

Barr is certainly a pass rusher, and Mack might be. So they have more value than a "standard" LB.

Veteran
    If barr is there, he's a giant.

what if they are both there??

Why Not? Not as if we don't need help with our Pass Rush, plus Tuck is a Free Agent!

So I would have no problem with Reese taking a Defensive End in this years draft because we could use the help at Defensive End or just with our Pass Rush In General

It's a no brainier.. The pass rush needs a big boost.. Then go o-line in the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

Barr is certainly a pass rusher, and Mack might be. So they have more value than a "standard" LB.
    Which is precisely why I think they would be wonderful picks granted they fall to 12. But who know where the Big Boards lie after the Senior Bowl, combine, etc. Anyway, having one of them who can play the run, drop into coverage, and rush would be a huge asset to our team. We haven't had that element since basically Kawika Mitchell. It would create serious matchup problems, and we'd have a linebacker that could help with defending against the athletic TEs in our division.

They've got to be high on the Giants board considering how talented both of them are. I think the best value at our pick is going to be either a CB or OT though.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

I have a hard time projecting Mack as a pass rusher. 1 reason is I dont have as much game tape of him as the others , 2nd he hasnt gone up against many elite tackles.1 of these days im going to have sift through all his tape and just focus on pass rushing situations and grade those. Might be a good piece for Draftbreakdown

+ Reply to Thread