+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Mack or Barr fall to no 12, does JR do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I have a hard time projecting Mack as a pass rusher. 1 reason is I dont have as much game tape of him as the others , 2nd he hasnt gone up against many elite tackles.1 of these days im going to have sift through all his tape and just focus on pass rushing situations and grade those. Might be a good piece for Draftbreakdown
    Mack certainly ripped up OSU who have one of the better O-line units in college football. 9.5 tackles 2.5 sacks and pick six. Of the two I like Mack better for the Giants just because he seems better in space. I really like Barr but it's the same thing fans were complaining about when the Giants drafted Clint Sintim. He's better suited as a 3-4 OLB. Actually both these guys are but I think Mack is better suited to playing in a 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Mack certainly ripped up OSU who have one of the better O-line units in college football. 9.5 tackles 2.5 sacks and pick six. Of the two I like Mack better for the Giants just because he seems better in space. I really like Barr but it's the same thing fans were complaining about when the Giants drafted Clint Sintim. He's better suited as a 3-4 OLB. Actually both these guys are but I think Mack is better suited to playing in a 4-3.
    Yeah he was great against OSU but I have to look at how he got the sacks or pressure to see if its repeatable in the NFL. For example Michael Sam has better pass rush numbers than Kony Ealy but Ealy was the 1 where teams would slide their protection against especially at the start of the season where Sam recorded most of his numbers. When the protections evened Ealys numbers went up and Sams disappeared

Yeah he was great against OSU but I have to look at how he got the sacks or pressure to see if its repeatable in the NFL. For example Michael Sam has better pass rush numbers than Kony Ealy but Ealy was the 1 where teams would slide their protection against especially at the start of the season where Sam recorded most of his numbers. When the protections evened Ealys numbers went up and Sams disappeared
    Yeah that's a good point and your definitely more suited to figuring those type of in-depth stats situations out than I am. I don't have the same kinds of resources you do. Anyway, if you break down those statistics, I liked to check them out if you get a chance.

Just going off the eye test though...I still think Mack is better suited in 4-3 than Barr is. I wouldn't mind either of them though.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Yeah that's a good point and your definitely more suited to figuring those type of in-depth stats situations out than I am. I don't have the same kinds of resources you do. Anyway, if you break down those statistics, I liked to check them out if you get a chance.

Just going off the eye test though...I still think Mack is better suited in 4-3 than Barr is. I wouldn't mind either of them though.
    As a LB Mack is certainly more suited to play there, Im just not sure of the Pass rusher projection have to look closer into that. Barr would be a weakside end

I'd be much happier if Darqueze Dennard fell to us.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Watching tape on him now for a new video actually

I have a hard time projecting Mack as a pass rusher. 1 reason is I dont have as much game tape of him as the others , 2nd he hasnt gone up against many elite tackles.1 of these days im going to have sift through all his tape and just focus on pass rushing situations and grade those. Might be a good piece for Draftbreakdown
    Hes a pass rusher all right. He might not do it with finesse, but hes plenty explosive and has a ton of strength and big motor that gets him his sacks. Hes not great in coverege by any stretch but hes at least adeuete when hes asked to..

Lots of good info guys. The reason I hope one of these guys drops is what I mentioned before-it will give us an every down linebacker with the added special element of a pass rusher from the LB position, which we are lacking. It would give us such a good matchup problem and added dimension to our defense.

Most importantly, I don think there is a DE worthy of the 12th pick if we don't draft a CB or OT with the 12th pick, maybe a TE like Ebron or WR though. This year is going to be interesting for many reasons. The holes we need to fill, the pressure to do well next year, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well I'm a huge MSU fan (my daughter graduated from there) but this kid is a prototypical big cover corner. Very physical and can be left alone.
    Prince and ..."No Fly Zone" Darqueze would be an awesome combo.
    Get well soon 80.

I still dont think Dennard is big enough or fast enough to develop into an elite type CB.

Think he runs in the mid 4.5s at best.

+ Reply to Thread