+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If Mack or Barr fall to no 12, does JR do it?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I still dont think Dennard is big enough or fast enough to develop into an elite type CB.

Think he runs in the mid 4.5s at best.
    I do love Dennard, and would have no qualms with him at 12. But the CB position is deep in this years draft. CBs can be hit or miss in the 1st. Recently for example, Peterson, Milliner, and Clairborne were supposed to be otherworldly CBs but they have shown they are human and can struggle, whereas talents like Sherman or Carr fall.

This year CBs like Roby, Gilbert, Verret, Mcgiil or Fuller might turn out to be the better player. So for example, while I want to address the D with our draft and we certainly need OL help and a RB and TE, we would be fortunate to get a franchise tackle or guard (I don't like guards in the 1st) in the first round and a talented corner in the 2nd.

Man, I cannot wait for the draft. ALl I know is Reese better hit it on all cylinders with this years draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Depends on the current board but I doubt it. And since Fewell doesn't know what LBs are for I doubt it would be a good pick either.
    You can't blame Fewell for our linebacker dilemna. We gave him a decent LB and he utilized him just fine. He also had great success with the Chase Blackburns of the world who OVER-ACHIEVED

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    You can't blame Fewell for our linebacker dilemna. We gave him a decent LB and he utilized him just fine. He also had great success with the Chase Blackburns of the world who OVER-ACHIEVED
    I don't' blame Fewell for being given crap to work with. I blame him for his lack of stones to blitz and I blame him for having terrible blitzes in the off chance he does do it. If you get a Barr or a Mack then they need to pass rush a lot. Fewell won't do that.

Stephen Morris gots a decent drive going. Showing ability to make throws on the run. He did miss a wideopen Pedersen though..

A sick fun by sleeper Andre Fluellen, the big bruiser RB..

+ Reply to Thread