+ Reply to Thread

2014 NFL Mock Draft Roundup: Latest Picks For Giants

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014-nfl-...-draft-roundup

Excerpt: "Here is a look at the latest mock draft selections for the New York Giants.

NFL Draft boards are likely to change after this week, with NFL talent evaluators eyeballing prospects all week at the Senior Bowl. Still, everybody loves a mock draft and SB Nation's Mocking The Draft will be offering up a new one each week until the May 8-10 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall. This week MTD's Dan Kadar has the Giants selecting Buffalo outside linebacker Khalil Mack with the 12th overall selection.

Here is what Kadar had to say about the selection:

A player of Mack's caliber would be impossible for the Giants to pass up with the 12th pick in the draft. While cornerback may be a great need for New York, Mack is a complete linebacker. He's capable of dropping in coverage, can stack and shed versus the run and gets around the edge on the pass rush.

[Valentine's View: The 'Beezer Brigade' would likely love this pick, but we'll believe it when we see it. The Giants have not selected a linebacker in the first round since Carl Banks waaaaaaaay back in 1984. Mack makes sense, and the Giants could obviously use a play-making outside linebacker, but with all the struggles the Giants had on offense and the attention they are paying to that unit this offseason I have a hard time believing they won't choose a player on that side of the ball in the first round.]

Here are the Giants' selections in some other recently-posted mock drafts:" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Mack is the best case scenario.. IMO.. O-line in the 2nd

I definitely think OLB is a bigger need than CB. I mean we could use a long term #2 CB next to Prince or someone who becomes the #1 and Prince is the #2 guy.... I personally think Prince would be an excellent #2 guy if we could find a guy like Stanley Jean-Baptiste in the 2nd-3rd round (He is currently a 3rd round grade and a good combine could even shoot him up to a 1st-2nd round projection IMO) but he could be the #2 guy for a year or two while he is still learning the position (what a lot of people don't know about the kid is he is still learning the position because he switched to CB from WR in college)

Mack in the first would just about be the best case scenario unless by some miracle Mack explodes at the combine and jumps Anthony Barr and he somehow fell to us... That is highly unlikely I think but I mean if you told me this time last year that Damontre Moore would be picked by us in the 3rd round I would have told you that you're bat **** crazy hahaha.

I am hoping that OL is addressed after round one if it is not addressed in Free Agency. My real hope is that we address the OL in Free Agency and then we can get a bunch of play makers in the draft... That's just me though

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I have been hoping for a LB in the first for the past 6-7 years now.... it never happens. I kinda gave up, lol.

5trive for Fiv5