Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CIVILITY

Exclamation CIVILITY

We seem to have come to a point where personal attacks, insults, name calling, etc. are the norm on The Boards. That people are upset after a losing season is understandable, but we need to think before we post and stop what is, at best, some very childish communications. Differences of opinions are to be expected, but they are not a reason to resort to calling someone a moron, idiot, not a fan, etc.

Most of us are adults here, at least chronologically. So we ask that you refrain from personal attacks, including name calling, and disrespectful comments.

When you have a problem with another member that you can't resolve through normal discourse, just WALK AWAY. If your goal is to convince everyone you are right, you are in the wrong place. State your opinion(s) and let others do the same in an atmosphere that doesn't turn into a battle of words which inevitably leads to incivility. Debate does not require rancor

We want our members to enjoy their time here, but we are not going to allow the constant barrage of venom that seems to occur far too frequently.

THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

We hope this is enough said.

I am a big offender of using mild personal insults sometimes. I do apologize and will keep it off the boards...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Also, just in case you did more thinking After you post, there's always the "(pencil icon) Edit Post" button next to the Reply button.

Where is the correct place to go to convince everyone I am right then?

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Where is the correct place to go to convince everyone I am right then?
    The Eagles' MB
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Man am I glad this was put up. Ive been insulted here multiple times. To the point my emotions got me so upset it led to infractions and banning. This is a discussion forum not a room full of 8th graders. Thanks mod c
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

eagles board?

Convince them?

Theyve been in a state of oblivion for soo long, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience!

Ive had an easier time talking to cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    eagles board?

Convince them?

Theyve been in a state of oblivion for soo long, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience!

Ive had an easier time talking to cats!
    LOL
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Yeah, the harassment made it somewhat unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I am a big offender of using mild personal insults sometimes.
    Yes you are.... This is actually more of a societal problem then ever right now. Grown men doing stupid things on the internet. Facebook, Twitter, ect. Its ridiculous and I feel bad for my future childrens generation. The world is going to be a very dark place. Too bad we cant go back to the days (before my time actually) of wearing suits and dressing up for sporting events. Top hats and such. People behaved so much better. Ok, I am done.

Go Giants.